“lovely turkish”
Review of Saray Sofrasi

Saray Sofrasi
Ranked #41 of 274 Restaurants in Ilford
Reviewed 24 November 2017

went for dinner and was seated propmtly . The restaurant was not really busy approx 4 tables seated.Service was good and prompt and the food was really tasty and fresh.
Enjoyed enough to come back ...

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I went for lunch with some of my Friends, really liked the place and food was lovely too.The person serving us was quite friendly.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

There used to be a restaurant called Sahaans local to us, it used to be where I'd always go for some hearty Turkish food. But that place closed down and now this one's open, and it's now my new go to spot for Turkish.
I've been about 3 times since opening and each time I am contently satisfied.
No it's not uniquely brilliant compared to other Turkish places. The average eater won't be able to tell much of a difference. But each time I order something new and I love it. I started with the lamb shank which came in a tomatoey soup with a side of rice. It's kind of difficult to eat with the arrangement they've given, but eventually I use my hands like a savage because it's a bloody lamb shank. I always love lamb shank
I then ordered the lamb tava and was delivered a decent plate of stewed lamb although I have had better (Sofra Bond Street).
Most recently I went simple with the lamb donner which was pretty mediocre but of course filling and delicious.
I'm not saying each item I've ordered has been the best. But this place is local, and always delivers new food. And I'm excited to go there again to try another item on the menu.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

This was the first time me and a group of friends came here. I only booked this place because it had good reviews and the better restaurants down the road were fully booked. When we got to the restaurant, we were told that there was no booking under my name. This was defiantly a mistake on their part because I confirmed the location before reserving and showed them their number at the time of me making the call. The manager then proceeded to squeeze in an extra table to sit us down. We waited a good couple of minutes to get any waiters attention to ask for the menu. After 10 mins the usual complimentary items arrived (bread and salad) our mains arrived 40 mins later, 5 mins later our starters finally arrived and that to after complaining about the delay. The food itself was ok, not that great compared to other Turkish restaurants that I've had in the past and defiantly not worth the money for such a small portion. We waited another couple of minutes to get the waiters attention to ask for the bill, when we finally did get her attention she rolled her eyes and walked off to another table.
overall, expect crap service with less than average food.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We went for my boyfriends meal in March there were 10 of us, they allowed me to reserve a table with no problem and drop a cake off with no silly extra charges like other places where I enquired. The food was great they brought us complimentary shots and made a big fuss when the cake got brought out. The food was really great and the drinks were flowing. I loved it and will be booking for my birthday in two weeks time! Great friendly service too!