“What a great lnch”

Price range: USD 14 - USD 40
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Greets Inn at Warnham is an historic village pub, parts of which date back to the 14th Century. Inside this delightful village inn is an inviting bar serving Cask Marque accredited ales and a superb selection of wines. The cosy restaurant makes dining under the heavy beamed ceiling of the inn an absolute treat, with menus serving fabulous dishes made using locally sourced Sussex produce – it truly is some of the best rustic country dining to be found in and around the Horsham area. A relaxed ambience makes spending time with family and friends a real joy, especially when the open fires are roaring and the ever-hospitable proprietors, Duncan & Natalie Entwistle, start roasting chestnuts and marshmallows. The Greets Inn is a place for shaping memories to last a lifetime, as well as enjoying fabulous food in the Horsham area. In the warmer months, you can relax in the landscaped garden, which quickly becomes an extension to the restaurant, with eating ‘al fresco’ alongside the colourfully planted borders a highlight of summer. The Greets Inn is at the heart of Warnham village life, attracting food-lovers from the wider Horsham area and beyond who regularly visit to enjoy a true taste of Sussex.
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Just arrived from South Africa on my annual holiday and off we went to lunch and it was really worth every penny. Really cosy with a fire going and starters of pork belly bites was awesome and a good amount for a starter. For mains we had Lamb Shank cooked beautifully falling off the bone with mash and greens. Complements to the chef.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely lunch for my husbands pre 50th birthday family get together, we initially booked for 14 people but numbers changed nearer the time, informed them and it was never a problem. As there were quite a few people in at lunch time I doubt they ever have trouble filling seats. Lovely old building with uneven walls and ceilings giving it a very cosy atmosphere, added to by the open fires. Local ales on tap and a wide selection of drinks available. Once seated a lovely touch was birthday confetti on the table, later my husbands desert came out with a candle in it ! (Much appreciated as his terrible wife had forgotten a cake !!) Only 2 wanted a starter so the rest of us had a selection of breads, sausages and hummus, all delicious. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their mains, the food was piping hot and good size portions, being an awkward eater I had a starter as a main and this was no trouble at all, have to say the camenbert in sour dough was divine. They do several types of chips including hand cut which were chunky and perfectly cooked. My sister in law ordered the mini brownie with coffee for dessert and was amazed at its size, apparently the normal brownie is quite impressive in size so chocolate lovers your in for a treat if the little one is anything to go by. Lovely staff, couldn't be more helpful. Having read the negative reviews on trip advisor I was left wondering if maybe they reviewed the wrong place, would highly recommend and will certainly come again as I spotted the jar of dog biscuits on the bar so will be bringing our 4 legged friend next time. Many thanks for helping to make his family lunch a special one.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

A favourite of ours. Simple menu, my only issue is I like everything on it! Good portion of whitebait for me to start and we all opted for burgers (after a few roasts over Xmas). They were excellent without exception. As it was New Years Eve we all went for dessert too (not really needed)! Lemon and ginger Eton mess for me, very tasty indeed. We had a voucher for a free bottle of Prosecco too, so overall it was very reasonable for 5 people. Love this place and will be back after January!!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We have visited the Greets Inn on many occasions and always experienced a warm and friendly welcome - even on busy evenings with no prior booking. The menu has such a wide range of food choices, so something for everyone. The food is delicious and really excellent value. Service is also great. Oh and there are some really good beers. What more could you want?

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Well I was recommended the Greets Inn by a friend and it was a ‘Greet’ recommendation! The food was fantastic, home cooked English pub fayre and absolutely delicious a wonderful change from your standard gourmet pub offerings. The atmosphere was perfect the warm open fire gave a real comfortable feel and the service was attentive friendly and relaxed. We will be back and will be making the recommendation to our friends. Oh and to top it all it was excellent value for money.