“Great SAT Brunch”

The Castle
Ranked #44 of 390 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Castle can trace its roots back as far as 1716 with the current building dating back to 1901. A classic British pub with Heritage status, it’s packed with traditional and listed features that give it a unique air. With open fires to keep you cosy in winter and an extensive garden hidden behind the pub you are assured a warm welcome whenever you visit. We are very proud to have won the West Middlesex CAMRA: Pub of the Year 2016 and 2017.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Excellent Pub in Harrow-on-the-Hill. Went for a SAT Brunch and drinks prior to heading over to Vicarage Rd for a match. Excellent breakfast foods served at Brunch. Staff and service were excellent. Highly recommended.

1  Thank pmurphy2016
The_Castle_Team, Manager at The Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi pmurphy2016,

Thank you very much for your rating and your kind words. We're very happy to see you enjoyed Brunch with us and the service.
I will make sure to pass your comments to the team. We hope to see you in the near future.

Maddy

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great customer service. Happy, attentive staff. Good food served hot and promptly. The burgers are constructed well enough to eat like a normal burger (a big plus for me ) Dog-friendly Awesome selection of new lagers and IPAs. My new local!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Clayde B

Hi Clayde,

Thank you very much for your rating and your kind words. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your visit!
I hope to see you again very soon!

Maddy

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We were looking for a nice place to eat in Harrow. I did a search on internet and this pub came ok and their menu looked amazing & fairly expensive for a pub.
However, when they served the food it was noting like the menu! Not nice at all. Chips was old chips, fish was not cooked properly, pasta was awful! no seasoning or presentation! total mess. Their chief must have had a bad night!

2  Thank Helen K
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit the Castle after being advised that it was dog friendly, the pub did not disappoint. It was our first visit and although our staffie can be noisy and over enthusiastic we were made to feel very welcome. Staff made a fuss of her and brought over water and treats. It’s hard to find many dog friendly pubs and to find one so close to home is a real bonus.

The food was also delicious, the sausage roll was amazing, I almost didn’t want to share it with the dog and the chips were the best I have ever had.

If they had a wider selection of deserts and custard it would have been 10/10 but we have already told our family and friends and we can wait to visit again.

Date of visit: March 2018
The_Castle_Team, Manager at The Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi Melissa,

Thank you very much for your rating and your kind words!
I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your visit the other day and we are looking forward to welcome you, your dog and family again, very soon!

Maddy Catalinoiu

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Had a surreal experience at The Castle today, whereby a member of staff chased my partner and I down the road and publicly accused us of running out on our bill. In reality we had of course paid our waiter, in cash, along with a tip.

Considering the member of staff who confronted us was not the same member of staff who served us, I'm dumbfounded as to what basis she assumed we had committed such a crime. Surely if she was concerned, a simple query to our waiter would have put her mind at ease?

Needless to say this was very embarrassing, especially as there were onlookers. Been going to The Castle all my adult life but will now avoid it. Shame.

1  Thank chris86jericho
The_Castle_Team, General Manager at The Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hi Chris F,
I can only apologise for any embarrassment caused - and explain the circumstances.
This occurred in the middle of an incredibly busy service during lunch on Mother's Day. As you had left cash on the table before leaving, your bill was still outstanding on our tills just after you left (dining bills are most commonly paid by card, when they are closed immediately).
Without having made a booking in advance, we had no contact details for you. So when our dining host saw you leave, she took measures to check if your bill had been paid, including asking someone to check if you were still nearby.
I hope you can understand that it was a simple misunderstanding and that you don't feel unable to return - I trust from the fact you left a tip that you had enjoyed your meal and the service whilst you were here?
Kind regards,