“Family Sledging”
Review of Snozone

Snozone
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Castleford
Reviewed 6 April 2018

There were 6 of us booked for this sledging trip, 3 children (3,3 1/2 & 4) and 3 adults. We live 90 minute drive away, so were really looking forward to this. I'd booked on line and it was very easy to check in when we arrived. The facilities were good and there were plenty of lockers to store our change of clothes for after the session. The staff were very pleasant and we had a good explanation of how the sledges worked and how we should proceed with the little ones. The children were initially very excited, but the long trudge up the slope was very tiring for them and they kept falling over constantly in the now. We carried them as best we could but it was tiring for us (older) adults as well. After only about 4 runs the youngest ones had had enough and wanted to just play in the snow at the bottom (not really any fun as it's not really snow, more like tiny balls of frozen ice which don't stick together) so when the 4 yr old was crying from the cold (snow was up his sleeves and down his wellies from all the falling over) we were relieved to call it a day. We saw some older children (possibly 7+) who were really enjoying themselves, but I think our little ones were just a bit too small. If there had been some kind of carpet lift like I've seen at other facilities overseas, that would have made things far more enjoyable for them and unless this was introduced, we won't return.

Snozone, General Manager at Snozone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

SuzyWho

Thank you for the review. I am delighted that you were impressed with our facilities and the team. I am however disappointed that the experience was dampened by the fact the sledging area doesn't have a lift. It can be hard work and is great for fitness but just like the outdoors - the exhilaration of the descend does make it fun.

I believe that you have visited our Milton Keynes site (from your location) and have therefore requested that this review be moved to the Milton Keynes Trip Advisor page.

Its really important to us that our guests leave ecstatic with the experience, please could you contact me with your telephone number on kyle.bell@snozoneuk.com so that we can talk further?

We have a venue in Basingstoke www.skizoneuk.com which doesn't require lifts - perhaps this could be suitable for you and your family to try?

Kind regards

Kyle

Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)
All reviews
"every week"
in 11 reviews
"hard work"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Having already been and done my previous classes with Stu. I was really hoping he would be the class instructor again. Anyways he wasn’t as saw him outside so had a quick natter with him and his lovely wife who is also a fab instructor.
Progression class met with Mick our instructor, immediately made me feel relaxed. The group of people I was with where also lovely. Mick’s style of coaching is extremely knowledgeable, calming overall just brilliant. Again, like I’ve said before, the more relaxed you feel and effort u put in the more you will get out of ya class. ‘Feel’ the movement of skiing. Both the instructors as stated I’ve experienced have been amazing and the rest of the team have always seemed happy but above all dedicated to ensuring you experience a relaxed session. So go embrace it and book ya lesson today. Well done team sno zone x

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have not skied for over two after after my first ski holiday, afterwhich I said I would never ski again. I decided to give it another go as my husband and daughter who is 13 love it kept asking me to. I am so glad I did. I attended the group combined 1 & 2 Lesson with Dan from 7pm -10pm on Monday 2nd April. I had no confidence and I was really nervous, I didn't need to be Dan was lovely he made every one feel welcome, he was so patient and encouraging with everyone in the group some of which had never had a ski lesson in there lives. There was a really mix of ages and he didn't make anyone feel daft or a failure. It was a fun three hours which everyone in the group said they had learnt a lot and really enjoyed themselves and by the end of it most of the group were able to go ski down in snow plow changing direction around cones. Dan gave feed back to everyone individally at the end and recommened the next class they should book Lesson 3&4 for me bring it on, thanks again Dan

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Alan Whyte was my instructor for my lesson 1 snowboarding class. I was a little nervous as I'm not a very active person. Alan gave clear instructions which were easy to follow. I really enjoyed myself and found it easier than I expected. I would definitely like to continue. xx