All reviewsgreat chefthe pubfree parking and wifiquality local produceclean comfortable roomsisle of wightfree car parkin excellent conditionfluffy towelseasy parkingmain roadweekend stayfestival weekendcooked breakfaststayed for two nightseach morningtoast
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Came here on mothers day evening, amazing food all round, everyone was very happy, service was just as good as the food, brownies were to die for, will highly recommend.
Thank you, will be again very soon!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

The pub has is nicely decorated and has some very comfy sofas to sit on. Bar staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.

Drinks are fair priced compared with some other pubs. The menu has some great items and a specials board full with treats.

My compliments to the chef his food is prepared with care, looks and tastes great.

Certainly worth a visit.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We had 2 nights at The Stag last weekend, we found it a great location and well placed to whizz around the enjoy the island. We were greeted in a friendly and professional manner, were given all the relevant information we needed and shown to our room. After 18 holes at Freshwater Golf Course, we decided to stay and eat at the pub and were pleased we did, both meals were tasty and well cooked (steak & burger). The breakfast was ample and cooked breakfast perfect to set up the day. All in all, we will definitely look to see if there is availability when we return.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Our second visit to this hotel and we were not disappointed yet again.
Well presented comfortable room, spotlessly clean,
Good pub fayre and beer at very reasonable prices,
Excellent cooked breakfast served by mine host Steve in the morning,
Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I have visited the Stag previously, on recommendations and was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome and excellent menu.
I have returned this year and am pleased to say that the venue seems to get better each time I go. The food is fabulous, high quality and excellent value for money. The staff are all superb and make you feel 'special ', nothing being 'too much trouble' - my granddaughter (5yrs), asked the lady if she could have crumble and custard for pudding, specifying that she wanted just crumble, no fruit, in one bowl & custard in another. Whilst we were explaining to our young granddaughter that it didn't work like that, the waitress had been into the kitchen, consulted Chef & returned with a big smile. She explained that this was no ordinary request & was not on the menu, but because she had been so polite and had eaten all of her dinner, the Chef would make a pudding just for my granddaughter.
I highly recommend this establishment to anyone on the island.
There are three rooms available to rent which are decorated to a very high standard and are very comfortable - the only thing I had to think about was wether to have coffee of Guinness with my full English breakfast.
I cannot wait to visit again

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family