All reviews dunas caleta italian entertainment italian guests rock bar evening entertainment english entertainer italian tour italian market fresh pasta and pizza separate sitting room pool bar san miguel on tap volcano walk rooms are beautiful small issue the maintenance guy bedroom door
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in this modern, immacutely clean hotel close to everything- town, beaches, shops. Here's the insider info you to know:
- the adult pool is heated in February but not warm exactly. This makes it chilly to get into and bearable once in but much better than no heating at all! Our 7 and 5 year old weren't phased and quite happy in there.
- the pool has lots if deep areas and gets deep quickly near the edges- take arm bands/ swimvests for kids.
- there is a lifeguard at all times which is good.
- rooms are warm and cosy even on the chilliest of evenings. They have duvets and blankets and large tv with some uk channels and Disney for the kids. Very modern and clean. Some proper sized firmer pillows would have be nice.
- food varied and freshly cooked but like most buffet style restaurants food often not warm enough. Kids choices limited to burgers hot dogs chips, bolgnaise however there is Great fresh pasta and pizza every lunch and dinner.
- considering it's an Italian chain the coffee (and tea) were awful. If you like hot drinks I'd recommend taking own travel kettle). There is no fridge in room and only cold milk at breakfast. Warm milk from coffee machine is odd tasting.
- mini disco is at 9pm quite late for little ones but ours still loved it even if songs all italian/Spanish etc.
- evening entertainment very Italian and we didn't really understand/want to hang round for it.
- beach bar with all day burgers toasties fries sangria beer etc was great
- roo.s cleaned and fresh towels every day. Pool towels can be hired.
- San Miguel on tap is fab. Most other drinks great. Ask for whiskey liqueur and you get Bailey's. They do cocktails on AI too.
- all the staff work very hard and provide exceptional service.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank clurejones
Guest R, public relations at LABRANDA Corralejo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for choosing Corralejo Village and for taking the time to give us this wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and that your holiday lived up to your expectations. We do hope you will visit again soon in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Arrived a day late due to problems with my flight to be met by one of the most pleasant and helpful receptionist I have yet to encounter - very much appreciated after a difficult journey.

My allocated room was actually like a small studio apartment with separate sitting room, bedroom and shower room/toilet off. The accommodation has obviously been refurbished to a high standard quite recently and is quite modern in style/appearance. Not really my taste but that is a purely personal thing. What I can tell you is that I found the beds very comfortable (they're obviously not the cheapest they could buy) and the shower was one of the most powerful I've ever had in a hotel and that's no mean feat looking at the terrain of the island and its rainfall profile. There was never any issue with the water or its considerable pressure, nearly pinned me against the back of the shower room wall first time I tried it! Housekeeping completely unobtrusive but completely effective. Never encountered them once but kept my room immaculate so full marks on that.

I take what some people have said about the music around the pool. The last few hotels I have been in have had a number of different pools and I always gravitate towards the quiet ones, but again everyone to their own. I had no problem with the animation team as wasn’t really interested in activities around the pool other than the pool bar run very proficiently by the ever-helpful Sally and colleagues. Incidentally the pool is heated and was quite usable when I visited (December). Some so called 5 star resorts with unheated pools (Cape Verde for one example) please take note.

I found the food absolutely fine and had one of the best salmon and hake meals I have ever had in an AI hotel, or restaurant for that matter. Wine and beer on a help yourself basis at lunch time and evenings. One thing that did impress me over other hotels I have visited – no one took my plate until I finished my meal. My table, my wine/beer and any side dishes/bread all remained intact and in place whenever I left my table to revisit the buffet table or to get a refill of wine/beer whatever. Absolutely full marks to the staff in the restaurant for this. They were all exceptionally pleasant, proficient and courteous and didn’t swipe my plate away the minute I looked the other way. The number of other hotels I’ve been to where even if you tell them “I’m just going to get a bit of salad ect” when you come back to your seat your dinner/wine/beer has gone and your place reset. Sounds like a small thing but I meant a lot to me travelling alone and not having somebody to watch your place when you leave your table for some reason.

In terms of evening entertainment, I must admit to selecting this hotel in part because of its easy access to Corralejo centre as there were a couple of people I wanted to catch up with there. Other than the first night I went out every evening after my dinner/wine and can confirm other contributors’ comments that everywhere is within easy walking distance of this hotel which is itself set in a relatively quiet area of town. Suited my requirements perfectly but if you are looking to make your evening’s entertainment at the hotel you may wish to consider another choice if you want something quite lively. It might just have been the time of year but I’ll be honest, the Rock Bar wasn’t, but 10 minutes’ walk away at the Rock Café it most definitely was. However I spent the first night in the hotel as I was tired and had a very pleasant evening and I was certainly not cut short in anyway by my drinks at the bar.

I notice that some reviewers have mentioned that the hotel is ok if you’re Italian. At the time of my visit the majority of the quests were Italian. I must admit to not finding this an issue in any shape or form and could even be a benefit especially if you like fresh pizza and pasta. Additionally, I found my fellow quests to be perfectly pleasant and polite at all times, particularly in the restaurant at meal times. I experienced none of the type of behaviours us Brits like to level against fellow travellers from some other countries. Also, in the interests of equality and diversity, I also saw none of the behaviours sometimes exhibited by our own fellow countrymen and women on occasions. This seems to be a family oriented resort not party central.
Would I come back here? Happily, it’s very well located, good accommodation with lovely staff from reception, obviously Sally and colleagues at the pool bar, through to housekeeping, restaurant and bar staff. I found the food to be really nice and fresh every day with a good selection. I believe there is a more English orientated Labranda slightly further out of town that I might be tempted to try.

However I quite liked the Corralejo Village. It’s not a flash place with multiple swimming pools and restaurants that promises/charges much but delivers little in reality. The one pool it did have was heated when I was there and was perfectly usable. There seems to be a sort of quiet quality built into everything they do here and I for one very much appreciated it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Corum
Guest R, public relations at LABRANDA Corralejo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for choosing Corralejo Village and for taking the time to give us this wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us and that you would happily return. We all look forward to being able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

This was our 5th visit to Labranda Coralejo Village (previously called Dunas Caleta).
The hotel has a lovely setting and is in a good location, and recent refurbishment has been done to a good standard.
Now for the bad points:
Food was nowhere near as good as last year and was usually cold.
The price was virtually double what we'd paid last year.
Wifi was not the best.
All entertainment was in Italian only, and where the hotel guests were previously mostly British, it is now 80% Italian so we were told.
We felt like 2nd class citizens and were often left queueing at the bar when the Italian guests were given priority.
We had booked All Inclusive but as there was nothing in the hotel for us to do but listen to very loud child like entertainment in Italian, we had to go out in the evenings which meant in addition to paying a high price for the holiday we incurred more costs.
Whilst we would return to Coralejo, unless there are significant changes I can't envisage us returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have a pool view. The rooms near reception are best for the sun.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Gregatton
Guest R, public relations at LABRANDA Corralejo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor. All comments are welcome as they help us maintain our high standards here at Labranda Corralejo Village. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed what the refurbishment has added to the hotel. We are sorry to see that you felt like 2nd class citizens and we can understand that you were maybe overwhelmed by the amount of Italian guests at the hotel but we at the hotel go out of our way to ensure that all guests are treated equally with a large variety of staff of all nationalities to help us do this. We have taken your comments about the food temperature on board and will be passing them on to the Head Chef. We do hope you will continue to use Labranda Hotels and have not been put off by the experience. Maybe a hotel such as Bahia de lobos would be more suitable as it retains the 4 star standards of Corralejo Village but does have a more varied number of international guests.

King Regards

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We’ve just returned from a 7 day holiday at this hotel having stayed at a number of different Labranda hotel on all of the four large Canary Islands. The hotel itself was up to the usual high standard experienced at previous Labranda hotels, however, this hotel seems to have been taken over by Alpi, an Italian hotel chain and as a consequence they seem to be more interested in catering purely for their Alpi Italian guests (which I am led to believe have an 80% allocation of rooms). The daytime and evening entertainment is provided by the Alpi Club entertainment team which is all in Italian which makes guests from other nationalities a bit isolated from taking part. We felt especially sorry for the non Italian guests with children, who could not really participate in the children’s club actives as the entertainment team only seemed to communicate in Italian. The food was overall good but not as good as the other Labranda hotels we have been to, however, saying that the pasta dishes and pizzas were excellent and as they were catering mainly for Italian guests that says it all really. On our return I did do a little research on this hotel and it appears that on the Alpi website it comes up as the Alpi Corralejo Village Hotel but on the Labranda website it comes up as the Labranda Corralejo Village Hotel, so WHOSE IS IT!!!!! On departure we made our feeling known to the receptionist (Debbie who in fact was British) who was very guarded and defensive of the hotel saying that if you went to a Thomas Cook hotel then it is run by that holiday company! No apology was given and we have been to a couple of Thomas Cook hotels who have both catered for all nationalities, even speaking in 4 or 5 different languages to ensure they include all guest!!, so that argument doesn’t stand up. Whilst waiting for our airport pick up we got into conversation with three other sets of travellers, one of which had been to the hotel a number of times before the refurb and Alpi involvement, all of which said they would not be going back again. My apologies to the hotel Manager for this review but you need to decide if you are going to cater for multi nationalities or Italian guests as you might lose a lot of your returning clientele!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KLBristol

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are sorry to see that you were disappointed in the entertainment as the staff do try their best to involve all nationalities, especially throughout the daytime activities. We are pleased to see however that you enjoyed the food, especially our fresh pizzas and pasta. For your information Corralejo Village is owned by Labranda Hotels. As it seems you have enjoyed the actual Labranda style of hotel rooms, food quality and general design of the hotel , maybe we could recommend our other Labranda 4 star hotel in Corralejo , Bahia de Lobos . This hotel is full of all nationalities.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

What a lovely hotel! Very clean, well maintained and modern rooms. Pool area beautiful. Food of a good standard and varied daily. Great location, ideally located. Staff friendly & helpful. Couple of negatives; no evening entertainment unless you are Italian sadly and would have been nice to have better seating at the pool side bar. Would recommend!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jen186
Guest R, public relations at LABRANDA Corralejo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for choosing Corralejo Village and for taking the time to give us this lovely review on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the standard and variety of food. We look forward to being able to welcome you and your family and friends back soon.