“Great location, very good food and nice atmosphere”

Bistro 19 by Livingdreams
Price range: USD 14 - USD 36
Description: Located in the beautiful garden of a historical mansion in the heart of Santa Maria, the Restaurant Bistro 19 by Livingdreams offers modern, Mediterranean food. Vegan and gluten free food goes well with the high quality cuisine. The high trees and fountains makes you forget to be in the 21' century. Dining on a 6 m long table from one piece Merbau Wood is as stunning as all the small different terraces around the antique water cistern. The lanterns in the trees create a unforgettable ambiance at the lounges and the bar - all these objects are designed and produced by Livingdreams. The showroom and showgarden is located in the same spot and you can shop unique accessories and huge tables and lounges.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We went there for my sister's birthday dinner and had a great time. The food was delicious, the waiters very friendly and attentive and the restaurant is gorgeous! We had the wok noodles which I loved, but my sister found them a tad to spicy.

The shop had soo many beautiful things that I truly regretted to have carry on luggage for the way back :(
If I could critise one thing is that I cannot order the beautiful ceramic online, but at least that is a good reason to go back!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

My two attempts to visit the Livingdreams showrooms on a weekend in mid-November left me with a very sour taste! I had driven some distance to view their retail showrooms of designer furnishings and custom-made furniture in the hope of furnishing my newly-purchased finca on Mallorca. On my first visit, a Saturday, I arrived to find the store in darkness at 5:10pm. Their posted opening hours on Google were (and remain) 11am-10:30pm. I returned the next afternoon and, as I walked in, a woman, who I later found out was the manager, flew past me with a scowl on her face and busied herself at the front desk without as much as a glance at me. I was not greeted by anyone, so looked around on my own and was hugely disappointed that the business appeared to be in disarray. There was barely a hint of the on-line images from a year ago and not a welcome in sight! There was a bicycle propped against a wall in one showroom, accessories were disheveled in another and the outdoor terrace was devoid of the furnishings and ambience promised in the photos I had seen. What appeared to be a salesman and a carpenter were busy with a client and I was ignored.

When I went back inside, I found a salesperson whose first words were, "We're closing in a few minutes." She did not even say "Hello". When I told her that I wished to look at furniture to buy for my new house on the island, she told me to go to their website. I asked for a business card, but she was unable to produce one. I did not have a chance to look at the upstairs showrooms, but from what I witnessed downstairs, this second journey to Livingdreams would certainly be my last. The time was approximately 5:20pm and the on-line posted hours for Sundays are 11am-10:30pm, although another web-page said 6pm, but it was far off that. When I pointed this out to the assistant, she said, "I know, but that's wrong". She quickly repeated that they were closing and if I wanted to buy on-line, they would deliver... next March! When I asked her for a business card, she said they didn't have any.

I left Livingdreams in shock... feeling I had been thrown out! When I met with friends shortly afterwards, I was practically speechless - unable to explain the rudeness and discourtesy I had witnessed. What a waste of time and energy! And how sad that this beautiful building and business that I'd heard glowing reports of a year ago has turned into a place of bad management, rudeness and zero service.

In summary, the frustrated store manager appeared to be completely overwhelmed by her responsibilities - even with only two or three potential clients on the premises - and her fraught attitude reflected that. The showrooms lacked both content and the sense of style I had expected. Livingdreams does not live up to its name and is not worth the journey to Santa Maria. I will be happy to furnish my properties with the stylish furniture and decor that can be found in Palma year-round.

The 'one dot' rating is mandatory and mine is for this beautiful building in Santa Maria del Cami.

Nicole H, Inhaber at Bistro 19 by Livingdreams, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear 4tune500

Thank you very much for your rating, which is not entirely fair to us. The fact is that for us the customer is the focus of our attention and that we are sincerely trying to show our beautiful furniture and accessories in an equally beautiful ambience. We believe that we have been able to do this very well so far, especially as our business has so far only received the best ratings on all Internet portals.

All the more we are sorry that your visit was so disappointing for you. To our apologies, however, we must point out that your visit obviously took place on the last day of our season - since 27 November 2017 we have been closed in order to prepare ourselves optimally for the next season, which starts on 1 March 2018. This could also explain why the store seemed a bit messy and disheveled to you and that the furnishings were missing on the outside terrace. Thanks to our extraordinarily successful year, we are practically sold out and must now use the winter break to stock up the store with new goods.

We are also extremely sorry if you felt that you were not courteously served. Actually, we can only explain this by the fact that the staff were busy with other customers and it was just before closing time, which of course is no excuse. We will inform our staff of your justified complaint and will try to train them even better in this respect.

At the end of the season our shop is only open until 6 p. m., which is also clearly indicated on our website. The fact that "google" posted other opening hours is unfortunate, we made the changes but it usually takes about a week until these changes are recorded on the website. The possibilities to post information on the google pages are very limited, so we can't say that we have closed during the winter and open again 1st.of March 2018.

We would like you to give us the opportunity to present ourselves to you again next spring as our customers know us. By the way, without wanting to be arrogant, we believe that you won't find furniture and accessories of the same quality and style all over the island as in our shop Livingdreams.

Nicole Hoch

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The garden is really beautiful, really cool place to be !

Except that we were on the other side of the court and we told the waiter where we would sit.

Another waitress saw us but nobody took the time to serve us after 15min.

So... maybe good, or not. We'll never know, we left.

I saw we're not the only ones in that case. Maybe they do not need customers.

Just be careful if you come a long way to be here, and make a reservation to eat!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Booked for us by my friend Biel as part of a day out visiting wineries. Great setting and first class food and wine. I look forward to coming back again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

You need to book a table in advance, however we were lucky to get twice a table without a booking:-)
The menu is great: fresh fish, risotto, Asian spicy salads... We also had a rose Vino (twenty twelve was the name). The service was really good (they speak English and one of them German) and the food so delicious. Also the prices were a little bit higher (around 15-20€ per main dish), it is so worth to visit this place because the Garden is soooo beautiful and stylish, the food is great and the service as well.