“Excellent Holiday”

Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Just returned from 11 nights in this lovely hotel. Excellent location, short walk to the beach and shops. Quiet resort but within easy travelling distance to other places if you're looking for lively. Mainly older guests in the hotel during our stay as children had just returned to school. Just what we wanted being in our 50's. Never had a problem getting a sunbed. Room was very spacious and clean. Not sure if all rooms are suites but had a nice seating area with TV with English Channels, Beds are huge and firm. Shower very powerful and hot. Hotel staff work tirelessly for the comfort of guests. Very friendly and polite. Dining room staff are working constantly to provide excellent service and food. I have stayed in many all inclusive hotels and I would rank the food here as the best. Huge choice and always something available. Food cooked freshly every evening if you want steaks/fish/prawns cooked to your liking. Food to suit all tastes for breakfast lunch and dinner. When the restaurant is not open, the pool bar offers excellent continental breakfast and lunch time snacks and cakes for afternoon tea!. Italian Night was also lovely. Special meal once per stay. Waiting staff offered brilliant service and the drinks were constantly topped up. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be very happy to return. Thanks for our lovely holiday.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook pool and entertainment area.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I've waited a year to write this review, trying to get over this huge disappointment. We've paid £4.5k for 2 weeks AI for a family of 3, which is a lot for us, and expected too much I guess.
Hotel itself is not bad and well maintained, and staff are very professional and work hard. Food OK, fresh and well prepared, great pastry chef, waiters are fantastic.
However.
Room layout is awkward with bathroom opening into the main living area, right next to your bed, with glass door. And all rooms face courtyard. No view apart from pool and entertainment area, as a result there is no chance of a quiet time watching sunset. In fact, no quiet time at all until last guests had their fill at around midnight. Dreaded kids disco with same songs every night followed by some weird acts for adults. During the day, music blasting, sometimes from 2 different 'activities', teenagers taking over a very small (for the number of guests) pool with their inflatables and ball games, so swim is out of question as well. So is getting a sunbed without getting up at stupid o'clock to reserve one. Half of sunbeds are in the shade at any given time of day. Yes, beach is 2 min down the road, but in August it was very crowded.
In short, hotel has been taken over by Brits hell bent on having fun, and they are at it with a vengeance. For some people, that's what summer break is all about, but we are all different, and it's not my idea of a good time.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank lena_withers
Proturhotels, Director Comercial at Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your stay with us. We do appreciate all your comments about our location and your mention of the friendliness of our staff. We are sorry that your stay at this hotel did not live up to your expectations. We would appreciate if you to take a look at the Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa**** in Sa Coma which is also very popular. We look forward to welcoming you again in Protur Hotels.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

My wife and I stayed here the first two weeks of September and had a great time at this hotel which is centrally located between Sa Coma and S'illot. The beach at Sa Coma is 5 minutes walk away and is beautiful.
Our bedroom in block B was spacious and absolutely spotless. Both my wife and myself found the bed very comfortable. All bedrooms had balconies which overlooked the pool and entertainment area. The A/C was quiet and efficient and hot water always available.
The staff at the hotel are so friendly and attentive and are the best we have come across on all our travels. The restaurant, bar and reception staff were polite and efficient, all the hotel is spotless thanks to the cleaners and a special mention must go to the life guard at the swimming pool who was extremely conscientious and vigilant at all times which must have been a comfort to parents of small children.
The staff were always laughing and happy at their work and my experience tells me a happy hotel workforce is reflected in happy guests and the management must be congratulated on this.
We found the food the food mostly delicious with a huge variety of chicken, pork and beef dishes including Chinese, Mexican and Indian and if you like fish and seafood you cannot go wrong here! There was food available at all times of the day and even sandwiches provided in the bar as a late night snack.
We found the alcoholic drinks at the bars extremely good quality and pleniful with Estrada being the on tap beer.
The swimming pool is not large but is adequate for a cooling dip and there is an adjoining kiddies pool. There is also a chair lift into the pool for those with walking difficulties which was well used and appreciated by some families.
As with all hotels with a vast majority of Brit guests there was the usual problem of sad people putting towels and reserving sunbeds early in the morning. And we call the Germans!
In an all inclusive package the nightly entertainment is extremely important and we found it a bit hit and miss. It was pretty obvious which acts were poor and those that were good and I am sure the management can improve on this!
One small piece of advise for the young entertainment team. As the vast majority of guests were of senior citizen age (like us) please could you reflect this with the type of music played during the evening in the open air entertainment area!
We will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: The sun shone onto the balconies in block C late into the afternoon and early evening and A and B in...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My memory of our recent stay here was the excellent customer service. The staff were outstanding, from the room cleaning to restaurant and bar service to the very prompt attention from the reception staff upon arrival. We were checked in promptly having arrived around midnight. A light supper of cold meats, cheese, bread and fruit was waiting by for us in the restaurant after our travels. Our room was spacious and spotless and everything in good working order. Plenty of towels, shampoo and shower gel available and nicely presented.

I agree with some of the other reviews that the pool size was small relative to the size of the complex and even though we went in term time, I did wonder how chaotic it must be during the summer months. However, the new hotel policy is to remove any towels on sun loungers that are placed before 8am which is a good idea.

We did notice the standard of the food changed from the Sunday. It was definitely 4 star before that but after that, it seemed to change. Not sure whether it was handover between chefs but it definitely was different, food was less hot and less appealing. I thought it was perhaps just myself but my companions agreed and we have a variance in culinary tastes. Nonetheless, the waiting service of Lourdes and Laura stood out, always greeting us with a smile and clearing our plates quickly.

I don't know if I would return to Sa Coma as the sea itself is probably it's only redeeming feature. There isn't much else going on in terms of bars, restaurants and shops. The beach every day was packed and difficult to get a sun lounger after 10am. However, the Protur experience made up for other shortcomings and I would certainly visit one of their hotels again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank lisa0h
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We spent the last 2 weeks of August here and loved it. We previously spent a week here in August 2015 and knew we would return as we loved it so much.
All the staff are excellent and couldn't do enough for you.
Breakfast is served between 8-1030 lunch 1-230 and dinner is 630-930 there is always plenty of food served in between these times aswell at the pool bar. Coke Fanta etc were help yourself and also the beer and coffee too. There were also other drinks available. We don't drink alcohol but could see there were many different kinds available. On an evening my girls would have mocktails and loved it. There was also a freezer which had nesquik ice lollies, cornettos and magnums and you could have as many as you wanted.
You can slo order lunch to take away which dan be ordered the day before. It includes bottled water, bread, ham, cheese and some fruit.
Kids club was on 1030-1230 and always had fun activities for the kids. It was for children aged 4 and over. One of my girls was only 3 but she could join in so long as I stayed with her. There was also a mini disco on at 830 and all the children loved this! My girls are still singing the songs when we returned. Danny and Dominika were fantastic with the kids!
We always got sun beds with no problems at all. My husband put our towels on and we went for breakfast then would sit by the pool all day. There was always sun beds available. I would say you only needed to be up early if you wanted particular sun beds.
The room was big and cleaned every day with clean towels every day too. Only fault I would say is the hair dryers weren't great.
The hotel was a 2 minute walk to the beach and shops. There is also a train which picks you up from outside and goes to Cala millor.
We loved this hotel so much we decided to go again in 5 weeks. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
0.6 km away
Hipotels Marfil Playa
Hipotels Marfil Playa
#8 of 29 in Sa Coma

Been to Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel? Share your experiences!