“***Excellent*** 6-13 September 2011”

and 1 more site!
Botel Alcudiamar Hotel
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

On arrival in Alcudiar I have to say that I was a bit worried about what the hotel was going to be like as I didnt really fancy any of the other hotels that we dropped off at. However, I was very pleased when arriving at the Botel Alcudiamar. It is right at the end of the port and feels as though it is in the middle of the sea as it is surrounded by water. The pool and pool area is beautiful and you can literally sunbath right on the edge of the sea with the pool to the side of you. There was never a problem getting a sun lounger no matter what time of the day you arrived at the pool. There is a bar/snack bar right by the pool with steps down into the sea (quite deep sea at that part). The room was a standard double and faced onto the beach area of the port but I think whichever room you stayed in, you would be looking either at the port or the beach. The room was pretty basic, but it was perfectly acceptable. It had air conditioning, tv, fridge, complimentary water on arrival. There was nothing particularly luxurious about the room but it was fine. Rooms were usually cleaned whilst we were at breakfast. The reception staff were second to none, perfect English (and several other languages) and when we asked for more pillows as the one we originally had was too hard, this was organised immediately. Our transfer was in question on the way home and one reception staff spent all day sorting it out for us. On one night we had a bbq in the garden area which was lovely, right on the edge of the sea with the sunset and live music, what could be nicer?? We were bed and breakfast and whilst the cooked breakfast is never the same abroad as it is in England, there was bacon, eggs, sausages, toast, hams and cheeses, cakes and pastries, champagne, fruit so you are not going to go hungry. On occasion there were also pancakes or toasted sandwiches. We never ate an evening meal in the hotel but there are beautiful restaurants right on the doorstep. You can either stay on the harbour side to eat or walk into the town where there are loads of restaurants, indian, chinese, italian, tex mex etc.. On walking down the port side there are also little market stalls, selling jewellery etc. One thing to note is that the hotel has its own sunbeds on the beach which can be used by collecting a key from reception. However, they are chained to the sun umberella and cant really be moved around and so if you want sun/shade you cannot move them into position. Woud I go back to Alcudia? Yes but only if I was staying in the Botel Alcudiamar.

Room Tip: I think that all rooms would be looking out at the sea (either Portside or Beach side)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rubyandlily

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Me and my family (daughter, fiance, mother and father) stayed at Botel Alcudiamar for 9 nights. I´v been to Alcudia about 11 times before, but always at hotels nearer the city center- Sea Club etc. Staying here at the marina is a totally different experience, and we LOVED it! Here are the best restaurants, like for example Miramar (extraordinary service and food, but that is a whole other story...) and many others. The hotel, and area as well, isn´t really influenced by brits (yet?), and I must say I prefer it that way. A little quieter, a little more peaceful and a little less fish and chips- all you can eat.
Back to the hotel; every morning we started with a glass of Cava, and a big selection in different salads, bread, hot dishes.. Something for everyone!
The rooms are ok, but nothing more. then again, what can you really expect for a 4 stars in Alcudia.. I would say it is as good as it gets!
The staff was polite, helpful and professional.
I must also mention that it was perfect to travel with a small child to Botel Alcudiamar. My daughter had the best time! There is a little children´s swimming pool, and there´s also a large selection of children´s food. I would guess about 25% of the people whom stayed at the hotel, traveled with small children.
All in all, a great experience!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank martekor
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We recently stayed at the Botel, which has now been the 4th return visit for us in as many years.
Why do I keep going back?, because it is fantastic.
The hotel has recently undergone a few changes, one being change of ownership.
This has improved what I considered to be great anyway.
One noticible change is in the overall running of the hotel, which now included a celebration on their own bit of beach and an outside barbeque. There was also aqua areobics, which some of the 'older guests' clearly found a bit disturbing, but to us it was just fun.
We always have a suite, which overlooks the infinity pool and the sea, which was brill. There was plenty of room for the four of us (the kids shared a double setee bed in the lounge) and the place was spotless.
We had a minor issue with the shower, which was repaired imeadiatly.
All of the staff are friendly and very attentive, from the ‘room maids’ to the kitchen / restaurant staff, bar staff and general reception personnel.
We stayed bed, breakfast and evening meal.
The food was good before, but it is even better now.
The choice was extensive and to a high restaurant standard.
There were always healthy options for those counting the calories and plenty of delicious desserts for those that were not.
There is low key entertainment every other evening, with local touring musicians playing on an outside stage area, which overlooks the ‘Med’which was great. We could even hear the music (in the background) as we sat on our balcony at night drinking a cold glass of local wine (Torress Vina Sol)
The hotel has a ‘wellness centre’, which now includes a ‘runner’, ‘cross trainer’, ‘stepper’, ‘bike’ and some weight machines.I enjoy a bit of ‘jogging’ and to be able to run no matter what the outside temprature was a bonus.
The hotel is rarely advertised in the UK, but is promoted in other European countries.
This means that the other guests are mainly German.
The old scenario of ‘towels on sunbeds’ still continues, despite notices to the contrary, however, there is no real need to get up at 3 in the morning to reserve a spot, as there are plenty available and to be honest, there are no ‘bad spots’.
We will certainly be trying to book again next year, allbeit the price is probably going up.
However, I believe you get what you pay for and the Botel certainly lived up to our expectations no matter what the cost.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Paulxshaz
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Just returned from a week B&B in Botel Alcudiamar.Stayed in a suite on first floor with a kitchenette which was great. We overlooked the pool and got the sun until the end of the day on our balcony! (rooms 111 to 113 all face the same way.)
The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The bottle of fizz on my birthday was a nice touch.
The pool area was very clean and the pool was a good size for a swim.
The breakfast was ok better to get there early as by 10ish it wasn't as well stocked!
We hired bikes from the hotel and went to Alcudia which is not so developed as Puerto Alcudia and better places to eat.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aberdeen50
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My wife and I have been coming to the Botel Alcudiamar club hotel “off-and-on” for a number of years. While still the best hotel in Port D’Alcudia, with its perfect view and location, the service of their bar staff is reducing the standard of the hotel. Also we had to go out and buy hand soap as a one token small bar at the start of the holiday was full amount of toileties.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple