“Great lazy lunch on a wet day”

Soma Restaurant & wine bar
Reserve with
Soma Restaurant & wine bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Porto Cristo
Price range: USD 12 - USD 35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Fab gin and tonic menu. A bit pricey but good food. We had paella and although it was a 45-50 minute wait, it was worth it.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner, two couples, and the restaurant wasn't even very busy. Firstly it was a mess to order as the waiters kept coming back to tell us that what we had ordered was not available because "you know, it's the end of the season and we close in two weeks" - surely fish should be fresh from the day? And in any case why don't you tell me straight away? Anyway, finally we settle on some food that they say they can actually deliver. Then we wait for 40'. Then we get served - 3 of us that is, the 4th person still waiting. I am at this point rather disgruntled because I had specifically asked if my ceviche was a main, got told yes, only to get a tapas-sized portion. We ask three times for the 4th missing dish and every time the waiter said they'll check, only to then disappear and never come back to us! Finally after another 20' or so we are all served. We then order desserts and the one they bring to me has nothing to do with what I've ordered, but by this point we just want out so I just eat what I got. Moral of the story, what could have been a delicious and reasonably priced dinner (€30pp with a bottle of wine) turned out to be a nightmare.

2  Thank Lilluzza82
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Interesting hotel restaurant set in Drach Aparthotel, with view over the marina. Chef knows his stuff, and had some interesting twists on the menu. Waitress gave us an amuse bouche...not expected as it appears to be pretty laid back and informal eatery.
Special mention to the tapas and the shrimp pancake..mmmm.
Very nice beef burger too....and no, your not imagining it...it IS served in a box thats identical to a certain golden M company....as I said ...food served with a twist!!
Only down side was the weather...Hurricane Imra was causing havoc in Atlantic and had knock on effect with weather in the Med.As this restaurant is a tad exposed and the protective awnings hadnt been put up sooner, the wind whistled through. A

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff with good quality food that is well priced this place is easy to recommend. The menu del dia (meal of the day) is terrific value for lunch, and the steak with foie gras is an terrific option for dinner.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We didn't even get our food. We were told that it would take 40 min to prepare our meals. We left after 2 hours of waiting without getting our food. At least we didn't have to pay the bottle of wine.