“Very Disappointing”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Setting is stunning and we booked a table after reading the excellent reviews on here. Food took an age to come, but this wasn't the main issue. My partner is pregnant and requested her €32 Euro steak well done, instead it came bleeding on her plate. She sent it back only for it still to be red in the middle second time around. Finally they cooked it through a good 20 minutes later when id already finished my meal to stop it going cold. We were charged the full price of the meal and for two bottles of water which we requested but never received. Incredibly disappointing experience which cost an arm and a leg for the privilege.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Have seen many great reviews on TripAdvisor and abc magazine we decided to book a table. We turned up at 8pm as booked to find out they had the wrong night for reservation. It was a Thursday night and they were not busy so that was not a issue. David ,the manager, is very friendly and helpful and the restaurant does have a classy feel to it. The wine by both the bottle and glass was great. However we had to wait over a hour for our soup...the Malloran lentil soup was extremely salty. My wife's tuna had a great flavour whilst my son and I had the rack of lamb..it was tender but not as great as the reviews had portrayed. There was a great deal of noise from the main road through Porto Cristo with the ambience ruined by the constant noise of motorbikes passing by. Overall we did not think it was worth the near 200 euro cost for 3 of us,bearing in mind we only had 2 courses and my son drank only water.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Went for a early wedding anniversary meal and loved every minute. Yes, its a bit more expensive than other options and maybe not the most glamourous location and setting but for good food it's perfect.

Service was relaxed and friendly but efficient with just the right balance of care and attention. Food was universally good, my favourite part was the spicy prawn soup, my wife absolutely loved her beef main meal. Desserts were lovely as well.

Only minor complaint would be that the actual prices seemed higher than on the sample menu on the website - but not ridiculously so.

Overall, best restaurant experience I've had anywhere for several years.

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Fab food,and we have been coming to Majorca for 18 years. We were due to be in Menorca for our 25th wedding anniversary, but the weather conspired against us. I resorted to Trip advisor to look for somewhere good near to Porto Cristo and decided on Roland. So glad I did, the red curry prawn soup I would kill for the recipe, and the rack of lamb was sublime. Will def go back.

1  Thank clarewilliams1
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We had a date night here whilst on holiday and it was the best night we had! The staff were lovely and welcoming and the restaurant was cosy and romantic. The food and wine was delicious. I definitely recommend this place it's worth it.

1  Thank chloeg622