“We were mugged on the course”

Majorca Royal Bendinat
Ranked #47 of 90 Outdoor Activities in Calvia
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Three of us arrived early for two rounds, paid for our pre-booked buggies and set off for a nice round. Lunch was served by one of the rudest bar staff I've met.

We set off for our second round when the Marshall drove up to us on the second tee and demanded an extra €45 for the buggies for the second round. We explained we would discuss the matter and settle when we got back, rather than on the course. He then followed us whilst speaking on the phone to the head honcho, who then arrived on the third tee demanding the money.

A phone call to Mallorca Golf Connection's John Little (the company we booked through) resulted in him telling us we needed to pay up or leave.

I've never been mugged on a Golf course before...

3  Thank Craig W

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Played here with 7 other golfers ( one a pro). The greens were the slowest I have ever played on. When I complained to the Marshall on the 8th he told me to come off and so we did. The pro at first would not see us even though the 2 ladies kept phoning him. He would not give us our money back and would not even give us 50% of the Buggy hire. I asked him to show us him putting on them and he refused A truly terrible experience

3  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 3 January 2015

the course was closed in July and August for complete green renovation and playing it now makes a great difference - I have not seen the course in such a good condition for a long time ! The winter offer for 2 with buggy at 145 Euros makes it worthwhile to play!

1  Thank Matthias F
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a fabulous time even though I was on a business trip. Hope to return in the new year with the family

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When we stumbled on this little beauty we saw the sign suggesting Private Members and when it to ask for directions to local restaurants. They insisted we stay and eat, and are we glad we did. Food amazing views again amazing, I say again as you are hard pushed to find a restaurant in Mallorca with no views. Not cheap but quality for the Tapas just out of this world. One of our waiters we thought might need a career change as a little miserable but others that also served us made up for his rudeness.