“Pricey”

Kalypso Tutti Frutti
Ranked #4 of 6 things to do in Cala d'Or
Type:
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came across this place by accident. There was no menu but lady convinced us it would be nice. We ended up with a cocktail for 4 and a non alcoholic one for two. 44 euros. Nice enough.
The place itself was amazing. My daughter loved the parrots.

1  Thank Lolgen
in 19 reviews
"first night"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We walked past the first few nights we were in Cala D’Or and really loved the idea of this place. Bright and colourful, and loved the fun cups the cocktails are served in!

Decided to give it a go on our third night, guy at the front invited us in, the waitress told us it was a verbal menu and basically you only got one choice of drink (cocktail of the night). Which was unique I guess, the ingredients of the cocktail were all perfect for us! Served with sparklers and nuts. We loved it! Had good fun with the long straws and drink was strong for the two of us. The drinks were huge! Staff were okay, felt a bit forced but nice enough.

Went back on our second to last night, and typically if you hang around the area the young bloke at the front will invite you to come in. He just ignored us. We were getting fed up so we picked a seat ourselves. The lady finally came out after long stares from the staff. Told us the one drink menu again, it sounded pretty much the exact same as last time.

My friend wasn’t feeling too good so she didn’t want anything, we agreed we’d sit in Kalypso for my drink just because I enjoyed it so much last time and I wanted to go back before we went home, then go somewhere else afterwards for more drinks (obviously water for my friend). I asked the waitress if we just could have one for the price of one, as it was just me wanting a drink. She was confused and her mood instantly changed. She said okay and walked off.

After 5 minutes, there was still no drink served. The staff were storming about looking at us, me being fluent Spanish could understand everything they were saying. The guy with long hair was having a go at the lady who served us saying “you should have said no, they have to buy 2 if there’s two of them, tell them they have to have 2 if they want to stay”, swearing at everything and us!! Behind our backs!! And other staff saying “don’t serve them”. At this point we were raging, and about to walk out after these disgraceful comments from staff. The drinks were then served after 10 minutes. No receipt, no nuts this time. Sparkler had already finished by the time he put the drink down. Didn’t say a word. I drank my drink quickly, feeling very uncomfortable. Not once did anyone ask how the drink was, like they were to everyone else. The drink was bad this time, almost like they hadn’t put any alcohol in it at all.

Fuming, we put 8 EURO on the table and walked out.

Avoid these lot! It’s their way or the highway, want to ask anything or change anything? Don’t bother, you’ll get treated like dirt.

Seems all good fun at first, but not worth it. Best cocktail bar we found was the Mini Golf bar, staff were so kind and made us laugh. Cheap enough, good quality cocktails. Wish we had gone there instead of wasting our time on this place.

7  Thank Lucy R
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Tasty cocktails, make sure you remember the way back to your hotel after a few drinks! Fantastic place with lovely parrot.

Thanks for making our holiday something to remember.

1  Thank thaigreenlifter
Reviewed 30 October 2017

A really fabulous cocktail bar with wonderful large and delicious cocktails. Unique experience. Went back every evening. Fell in love with guano the resident parrot who likes to talk. The staff were amazing. Really made our Holiday.

1  Thank Claire G