“A stylish restaurant overlooking the harbour and serving outstanding food”

Restaurante La Scala
Reserve with
Restaurante La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 182 Restaurants in Cala d'Or
Price range: USD 9 - USD 32
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Whilst staying in Cala d'Or My wife and I were recommended La Scala by the owner of Fowlers where we were staying. There are many excellent restaurants in Cala d'Or so to be especially recommended by a local we thought it must be worth a visit. We were not disappointed. The location is superb and we were shown to a table overlooking the harbour with its rows of super yatchs and cruisers. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We had the antipasti for two as a starter and it was absolutely outstanding and so different to the usual plate of ham and pepperoni etc. I followed with the crispy duck and my wife had a pasta dish. I enjoyed my meal more than any other I'd had in Cala d'Or. My wife also agreed hers was also outstanding.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the views over the harbour whilst we looked through the menu.The staff were friendly and helpful..but we found the food very hit and miss. My pasta starter was just an average spaghetti bolognese and my wife's main of spinach and ricotta did not have much flavour.However the appetizers were fabulous and my oven baked cod hit all the right notes.The apple tart was more like an apple cake without much apple.After reading all the great reports on TripAdvisor we left saying we would not return

Giovanni B, Propietario at Restaurante La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

We respect your opinion and we will take note of it. Everybody has their taste and there is no problem for it. The world is precious because it is diverse.
So, thank you again,

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We visited there last night after a break of twelve years. We actually had our wedding reception there many moons ago. What a pleasure to see that nothing has changed . The same reasons that we picked this place for our wedding venue still exist today. Giovanni providing the ultimate front of houses experience and Antonio weaving his magic in the kitchen . This a five star culinary experience from beginning to end . These guys work so hard they deserve any commendations they receive. Continued success.

Thank you so much Robert!
It is a pleasure for us that after 12years you came to visit us and we really appreciate your lovely comments!
Our priority is always to make the customers confortable and to make them enjoy our quality food.
Thanks again and kind regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

One of the better restaurants in Cala DO'r and in all fairness there are a few but this one did shine a little more than the others we have dined in, location, location, location and excellent food,2 of us started with carpaccio of beef topped with Parmesan cheese then I had the fresh tuna and in was cooked perfectly the girls had the set menu and the other one of us had cheek of beef, everyone cleared all their plates starters and main coarse plus we all had sweets to finish and no one had anything bad to say about their meal, the service was second to none so therefore I have no hesitation in recommending La Scala. To top it all our friends treated us for our wedding anniversary which was even more of a bonus. Keep up the good work which seems the case because no one can last for seventeen years in the same place without doing something right.

1  Thank Austin M
Giovanni B, Propietario at Restaurante La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you very much for your coment. Dont worry, we Will keep up the good work! You are always welcome back! Wish you all the best!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is by far the best around the Marina de Cala d'Or food is superb service is superb.
They restrict the number of people eating to enable the chef to consistently produce high quality food and give space to all guests.
Having eaten in the Hilton Hotel in London recently I can honestly say the food at La Scala was better.

Giovanni B, Propietario at Restaurante La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you very much for this lovely review!
We are very happy that our customers can appreciate our passion as this business is not a business but our passion and dedication day after day.
We hope to see you very soon and you are very welcomed any time.
Kind regards,