“Try the “Chipirones fritos”.”
Review of cafe thalassa

cafe thalassa
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Cala Bona
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: right next to the harbout, along with smithy's and the vell mari. I still cant believe you have no entries for these 3 establishments I do feel it gives them an unfair advantage on other bars who have got entries. How come the cats whiskers appears at number 1 and number 8 on the top restaurants? I thought reviews were vetted to stop errors like this,
Reviewed 4 November 2018

We don’t stay in Cala Bona but always go several times by bike to the Thalassa Café. You can chain up your bike to the railings and get a table so that you can keep an eye on them! The location is as many others have described as excellent/unique in the middle of the harbour.
We always find the staff friendly and the food is excellent for the prices charged. We go there for “Tapas” and have never been dissatisfied. You can go and just have a drink if you want but either way you will find the Thalassa somewhere where you will return to.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

This place is fantastic. The food is second to none, so much so that we have eaten in here 3 times in our week in Cala Bona. We are a family of 6, 2 adults and 4 children. The first time we visited I had the chicken baguette, my husband the chicken burger, eldest child the bacon baguette and the children had Nutella pancakes (a firm favourite!!). The food was amazing, so delicious and fresh. The second time we ate I had the chicken breast bread and oil which although wasn’t what I thought it would be it was delicious and I really enjoyed it! My husband had the Tex Mex burger and also really enjoyed this. The kids meals were fab, with my eldest enjoying the loin of pork.
The food was fantastic on all 3 occasions we visited, Fresh and incredibly tastey. Safe to say that I would thoroughly recommend that you eat at this lovely place. Thank you to all the staff for 3 enjoyable visits! Our last day tomorrow and I think we may make a 4th visit! Gracias!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2018

This small restaurant is situated in the harbour at Cala Bona with great views all round it's a bit like being on a boat. Service friendly and quick, coffee good and apple cake to die for. We had dinner one night which was enjoyed by all. A tame egret helps out by day.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Good food, good drink, lovely location and great service. Nothing more to say, if you’re around then try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant restaurant, lovely friendly service from the staff, beautiful view over the harbour, and fantastic food for a very reasonable price for 4 people - we had the fish tapas plate for €13 (ask them about this it's not immediately obvious on the menu) and it was delicious. Would also recommend the aoli sauce.