“A lovely, spacious property with stunning views...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of CasaAndre

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Gordon P
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 1 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Casa Andre interior is very dated and in need of attention, there were large scuff marks across the walls, plaster & paint missing in large patches, dirty paintwork throughout, a plug socket was also hanging from the wall. The kitchen had missing cupboard handles & drawers that wouldn't close properly, we had to clean the fridge & freezer which were filthy & dispose of the last occupants food, there was also lots of rubbish piled outside the villa including an old fridge. During the second week the villa was broken into during the night whilst we were in bed, they broke through the bars on the dining room window & entered the property. When we informed the owner he sent somebody to weld the bars, unfortunately this incident had shown us how inadequate the villas security is, & we didn't feel safe there. We spent the morning with the police, we then informed the owner that we no longer felt safe staying in the villa & were looking for alternative accommodation. We requested as partial refund for the remaining days to put towards the cost, but the owner totally ignored us.

Liked best: local area
Liked least: condition of villa
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
7 Oct 2016
Hello Gordon..
will repeat my personal reply from yesterday, you were not ignored. I talked to you several times almost each day of your stay at my house. And at the end ,when you confirmed that you had moved into a hotel I knew that I did not have any new rentals lined up so I stopped watching my Tripadvisor APP. for that I am sorry. but I did not catch your last reply . saw it first when I got an email telling me you had left this review. I will do my best to answer on all your complaints.
* Refund for the 3 days you wanted to stay in a hotel. First let me start by saying that after no more than 4 hours at the most ,I had the window bars replaced and welded back together. To call "this house" inadequate I think is a incorrect , we have the same bars as I guess 95% of all Spanish homes have.. The breakin could have happened in any home and there are often breakins is Spain. This was for me nr 4 in 40 years... almost 10 years since the last time.my house is as safe as any other Spanish house..as a compensation for the 3 days you wanted to stay in a hotel, I can offer you to return next summer and spend 1 week free of charge ..
*state of kitchen. I was at the house only days before you got there and just days before leaving I bought a new fridge/cooler. it was practically brand new when you got there . finding it hard to understand it could have been that bad. If there was food left in the fridge you should have told me so I again could have noticed Steve and Julie. And as for the old one still standing behind the house, Im sorry, I just didn't have time to get it removed before I left and also didn't want Steve to be in your way during your stay . that's why I thought it best to leave it behind the house as that part of the grounds is unseen from the pool and garden area. This also goes for the rubbish ( firewood.) not seen from garden or pool area.
*State of the house in general. YES it needs new paint, work in progress. both bathrooms are brand new. all appliances in the kitchen is new. all bedrooms have brand new ACs.. Also the livingroom. Yes the inside of the house needs paint . but never ever has 1 other person complained about this . not before you or after you. there are some spots here and there but that's it. this house is not a ruin as you describe it to be. but again I am sorry you had a miserable stay . the insides will be painted first half of 2017.
*the broken wall socket was fixed 20 minutes after you emailed your complaint.

And as a final reply I would like you to have a look at my 3 older reviews.
I again offer you a week free of charge :-)

kind regards Andre HH
Janetwhit...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A lovely, spacious property with stunning views over the bay.”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay in CasaAndre. The house and gardens are very spacious and also very well equipped, and just a pleasant wander down the hill to the little supermarket or an interesting selection of restaurants, and the local chickens! We particularly enjoyed our meal in the India Lucia. It is then just a few more minutes walk into town, with a wider selection of shops and restaurants and of course the lovely beach. The garden and pool are a real asset too and our children particularly enjoyed their time in the pool. We would recommend this property for a lovely, relaxing family holiday.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lovely views from the garden
Liked least: Some of the fittings are a bit dated, e.g. the upstairs bathroom.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
JanetGHC
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“A lovely villa in a quiet urbanisation, with well tended gardens and fabulous views”
Reviewed 6 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We had a fantastic two weeks staying at Villa Andre. The villa is both spacious and well equipped with everything you could possibly need. The gardens are well tended and the pool is great and well looked after. The villa is on a hilly urbanisation just a 5 min walk from El Bombo beach and 15 min walk from the lovely village of La Cala. The views from the sun terrace are fabulous. Andre is attentive and answers any question you may have very quickly. I would definitely stay at this villa again and would recommend it to others. I would advise a car so you can explore the region.

Liked best: The views
Liked least: The upstairs bathroom
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Gibrocks
Gibraltar
“Roll on Next summer”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The house is situated in a very tranquil area of Mijas in the hilly Torrenueva urbanisation . Several bars , restaurants and a supermarket is available near the entrance to the urbanisation .The El Bombo beach is also just down the road at about 800m ,though a car is recommended to move around the area especially if you want to explore a bit further afield .The Cala de Mijas village is nearby and there you can find other amenities like shops , more bars and restaurants .
The house itself is well equipped and the pool is great so is the lawn which is well maintained ,it was also found to be clean and tidy on our arrival .The property cannot be judged very well from the photos in the actual rental page as we where very surprised to find out on our arrival that it had so much living space both outside and inside .Plenty of space to relax . We enjoyed our stay tremendously.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and the lawn
Liked least: The heat but that's why the pool was great !
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing