Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 45
Hotels.comUSD 45
PricelineUSD 45
eDreamsUSD 45
TravelocityUSD 45
CheapTicketsUSD 45
All reviews base for touring small sandy beach stayed longer stayed here for nights clean hotel lovely hotel location is great small balcony yogurt island madeira funchal bidet kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

We needed a place to stay for a night and this hotel was recommended and was great value. It turned out to be great, really clean and tidy and super helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and a good chat with the owner.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fegimula
Reviewed 4 June 2021

I stayed at the hotel with my husband for a month as we were on our honeymoon. My first impression was that the hotel is extremely clean, well maintained and in order! This is a family owned place, where the owners put a lot of effort into making sure that you feel comfortable and happy and that the hotel is always clean and fresh full of beautiful flowers!
The staff were very friendly at all time and also really helpful- they would assist with anything from tips on how to rent a car, to how to fill out the mandatory Covid situation related documents! Initially we were planning on changing hotels each week in order to stay in different parts of the island, but we felt like being at home in White Waters, so we stayed there instead for 5 weeks! I've traveled to many countries in Europe and stayed at different type of accomodations, but i never felt so comfortable as in this hotel! I would definitely recommend to anyone to stay at White Waters!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 930karolinad
Reviewed 28 November 2020

Stayed here for 9 nights in November. The hotel is very well maintained, clean and functional, ideally located as well. Just minutes drive from the airport and minutes walk to bars, restaurants and shops/supermarkets, not forgetting the small sandy beach. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel which worked well.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable, I requested a fan and this was promptly delivered for free, meaning I slept superbly throughput my stay. A small fridge can be hired (2 euros a day) as can the safe in the room (1 euro a day), I opted for both as the basic price for the booking itself was very good value I thought. Numerous channels on the TV in the room and many in English including BBC and Sky news should you want to kick back for an hour or so.

The area is very quiet and felt very safe to walk about, even at night.

Breakfast was very good, continental but also the choice of fried eggs and bacon - lots of other items to choose from as well including yoghurts, fruit etc., You will find something to eat.

The owners were very helpful and friendly throughout my stay with any requests or information. I totally enjoyed my stay here and wouldn’t hesitate to book again should I return to the area.

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank KTPW12
Fatima de Pao, Owner at White Waters Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a positive review on the hotel. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back oneday. Stay well and stay safe.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 November 2020 via mobile

White Waters is a modern, well-kept, clean hotel just one block back from the waterfront in Machico. It’s a good base for exploring the surrounding area, and the town itself is a relaxing place to spend time in.

My room was fairly basic (no aircon, no kettle, no fridge, no iron, use of safe is chargeable) but it was comfortable. It had a TV, and a small balcony with a table and chairs which was a real sun trap. The bathroom had a bidet (common it seems in Madeira!) and a bath.

Wifi worked well throughout the property.

Breakfast was from 7-10. A pretty good offering - enough to keep you going.

All-in-all, a good solid choice at a decent price.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank pdmancs

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Stay well.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 September 2020

We have just spent a lovely week at the White Waters Hotel. The owners and staff run this hotel to an excellent standard providing good quality service. They are always on hand to assist, if required, and are very friendly. The breakfast is excellent and to a high standard. The rooms and hotel is very clean.
This quiet hotel is centrally located in Machico and a good base for touring the island. The hotel is Covid 19 free so get yourselves here!

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank John B

Thank you very much for your review and positive feedback, it is much appreciated.
Stay well.