“Wonderful stroll with my sister”

Norfolk Botanical Garden
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 53.99*
and up
Norfolk Passport to Fun
Ranked #3 of 76 things to do in Norfolk
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Really lovely and large botanical garden. Easy to get lost in there (in a good way) and leave your troubles behind. In season the roses are really nice. Me and my sister walked and chatted for nearly 2 hours on a warm sunny day and we enjoyed it.

There is a play area for kids. Sitting areas where you can sit d think and a variety of different sections. Although it is sad they're tearing down the retro tower.

1  Thank RootlessRoutes

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We recently moved to the area and this was one of our "must see places to stroll and take photos".

The staff was very friendly and gave us information on where to walk to see what is currently in bloom. They do offer a military discount for families, and so we bought the military family season pass. This is good for up to 6 adults (guests in town can come with us for free, scoring big for when our family visits. Yay!) We started our adventure with map in hand, 2 hours of walking, and even had lunch at the onsite deli. This is definitely kid friendly (has a kids area as well), several gardens, shade, and benches.

Most of the flowers were done for the season, but the grounds are kept extremely tidy. I was able to take some great photos and had a great walk with my husband. The map was easy to read, lots of helpful signs, and there was a free tour and trolley to ride.

There was quite a bit of construction going on, I call this potential for spring. I am looking forward to a return visit.

1  Thank PrincessLaundry
Reviewed 14 November 2017

my boyfriend and I went together. romantic. beautiful in the Spring. The different themed sections was great. has a butterfly house. It was great and would recommend for families or couples or anyone looking for a place to exercise with a great view.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have been a member for many many years and visited hundreds of times. There is so much to see and do in this beautiful place! The summer tram rides...walking through the huge rose garden...brisk autumn jaunts...the holiday lights...boat rides...and on and on. If you have never been it truly is an amazing place!

1  Thank fdzupink
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Loved the tram ride very informative. Rose garden was nice and had a lot of different roses still in bloom.