“Tasty diner food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We arrived on Easter for lunch and had no problem getting a table. Food was delish and service was excellent. Our beverages were refilled promptly. I had a turkey Reuben that was quite good. I was also happy that they had other options besides fries, so I had applesauce. Hubby had his usual burger that he enjoyed it. This was our first visit, but will not be our last!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Had breakfast here on Sunday. I usually order corned beef hash. This time I tried the biscuits w/ sausage gravy with home fries. Every thing was seasoned perfectly. The place was packed so we sat at the counter. I enjoyed watching the cooks prepare the food. You can tell they know what they are doing. I recommend this place for a good meal at an even better price.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Just looking for a casual place to get a late breakfast one day and found Charlie's. Food was standard, good, solid grill breakfast stuff - French toast and scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee - how can that go wrong? But, sitting at the counter, got to have a conversation with the grill cook and the server at a perfect level. Nice experience. I'll go again. Warm.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

So my husband and I had other plans this morning that fell apart so we decided to have breakfast outside of the normal breakfast chain. We found Charlie's Cafe. Their website is kind of pitiful, so I called and asked if they had were vegan-friendly. It turns out that they are. We had a tofu scramble with veggies and side, and two veggie patties, and two pancakes. Pretty sure the pancakes are not vegan, they're vegetarian. However all of our meal was cooked on a separate Grill,. The place is in Norfolk. They have a separate parking spot and off-street parking. The diner is definitely a throwback to the old greasy spoon, but the music and the wait staff are very inviting. Good place for breakfast.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I visited here today for the 3rd time and still amazing. I got egg white veggie omelet with potatoes, my sister got a momma omelet and was SO good. When we went it was crowded so we sat at the bar and enjoyed watching and talking to the cooks. One of them made me a green heart pancake with whip cream and sprinkles. My favorite breakfast spot in Norfolk. Every time I visit my son at ODU this is my spot to eat. Great wait staff also. We just love this place and highly recommend it to all.

Date of visit: August 2017