All reviews tuna norfolk downtown an older hotel housekeeping staff enjoyed my stay angelo gene neva amber housekeeper ballroom
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The outdated fortress stands alone between the Scope, housing projects, and the Arts District. I had what I expected to be a good room on the top floor. Instead, I found a grimy tub and toilet (which broke when I used it), wallpaper peeling off the walls, an ancient loud air-conditioner, sub-standard toiletries, WiFi that often didn't connect and was slow or dropped when it did, and had to pay extra for parking. I can't see any reason to choose this hotel over similarly priced ones in Norfolk.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank David_Cloudchaser
Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

We are disappointed to hear that you were seemingly placed into a room that did not positively reflect that high standards that we strive to uphold.

While we apologize that your stay was very unpleasant, it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and improve upon the service and product that we provide to our valued guests. I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to host your accommodations in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have stayed at Wyndham Hotel before, I am only reviewing the Garden Norfolk. Was definately not worth the money they charged for the room. Lumpy matress, not all that clean, terrible service, rude employees (not all). Not worth the money!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
2  Thank A2609LNkarenn
Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise us of your recent stay. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. We sincerely apologize about your experience and hope that you will give us with another opportunity to host your accommodations in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We picked this hotel because it was across the road from The Scope Coliseum where the University of Phoenix was holing their graduation. Price was fair for the time of the year in that location. The hired help there could not have been any friendlier. The hotel was clean (even behind the bed that we pulled out trying to fond an outlet). We were a little shocked to have to pay to park even though the lot was opened and unguarded.

Room Tip: Good views of downtown Norfolk and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We strive every day to ensure that all of our guests are provided with great service and comfortable accommodations.

We hope that you will select us the next time that you are visiting Norfolk!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Management response:Responded 11 July 2017

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My husband and I chose this hotel for our wedding. The ballroom is beautiful and huge! We viewed many venues but this one stole our hearts instantly. It is an older hotel that has recently been remodeled. The interior decorating is beautiful. We worked with Angelo Economou and he was absolutely AMAZING. He told us to put our trust in him and he did not disappoint. Angelo was so helpful, understanding and had such amazing customer service. We had our ceremony and our reception at this hotel in May. We received the best deal we could find in this area. Angelo and his staff worked with us throughout every step of our wedding process. Angelo made us feel at home, the food was great and the service was even better. Also, the wedding suite was so spacious and beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2017

I am delighted to hear that your event with us was a success and that your attendees had a great time.

We wish you both well!!