All reviews tuna norfolk downtown an older hotel housekeeping staff enjoyed my stay angelo gene neva amber housekeeper ballroom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Agree with the many bad reviews here. The cat pee smell is mold and mildew and it's everywhere. Not safe for humans. Got dropped from holiday inn for bad service, odd decor choices and lack of attention to elevator safety and mold. Either gut it and open it as a cool retro hotel or demo it. But do not stay here.

Room Tip: At another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jacksondc
Lee F, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Please contact me directly at the hotel with the room number you stayed in. I can find not complaint from you to the Front Desk agents about your stay or we would have corrected the issues immediately. I apologize for any issues you encountered.

Regards,

Lee

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stay here often because the company I work for has a contract with this property, unfortunately. One I have lobbied for us to get out of. While the location is decent this place is consistantly POOR. Last night I was giving a room where the linen was not changes. There was a pair of sox under the sheets, pubic hair, and head hair. I was given another room and that room was not clean either. The bathroom floor had long strands of hair and dead bugs around the sink. Read the rest of the reviews on this place and judge for yourself. I wouldn't stay here if I didn't have too.

• Stayed: August 2012

Mr. Schott,
I apologize for the conditions you found upon check in. I've researched with the Front Desk manager and can find nor record of your complaining to the Front Desk about the issues so we could correct them. If you will contact me directly I will be more than glad to accomodate you.

Regards,

Lee

Reviewed 13 July 2012

After visiting the area on June 22,2012 for my sister's funeral, we waited from 1:00 am until 5:00 am for a room.We booked the room online and called to say that we were on our way. Rooms were taken out of service due to a storm. Mr. --, set us up in room 830 and informed me that I would receive a free stay on my next visit. I have emailed him but have not heard back. Telephone number out of service. Will send letters and hope for a response.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We booked this hotel during the 4th of July with a discount. We had no expectations as it was jst for a night. It was a pleasant surprise that the front desk officer was super friendly, helpful with info on things to do and sharing info on the area. The rooms were nice; the bed has sleep number mattresses!!!

We will definitely be back when we visit Virginia Beach because it was just minutes away. If you don't like the crowd and like a peaceful beach do visit EAST BEACH it's around the corner; it's gorgeous quiet, clean and secluded.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lotusflower11
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We had a wonderful time! Was upgraded to a $400 suite for free! My children had a blast here! Would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012