“Great lunch”

Price range: USD 17 - USD 57
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Typical restaurant settled in Chianti area, up on the hill of Montefioralle, near the medieval town; you can taste the typical Chianti cuisine in una unique place with a family atmoshere. Our dishes are made with fresh, seasonal hight quality ingredients, following old traditional receipes, with a personal modern touch. Our speciality are: plates with fresh truffle, appetizer with fresh and local meat-cuts (tuscan ham, salami, sausage) and cheeses, hand-made pasta, wildboard, the real Florentine-style steak, hand-made cakes. From our cellery: local Chianti wines from the best farms, red-wines like Brunello, Montepulciano, Chianti Classico, selected wines from all Italy. During the summer you can dine on our terrace over-looking the wonderful hills.
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Good service. Great food. Had the pizza local red wine. Very cheap.
Staff extra helpful with dietary requirements.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Probably the best pasta I've had in my entire life. We sat outside - mosquitos at first so wear some spray if you go in the summer. Plan on dinner taking awhile (as usual in Italy). But seriously - order any of the pastas and you won't be sorry.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank mirene6884
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We just happened to be in the village and we called to see if they had room for dinner in an hour or so. They were fully booked. I called right back and asked about lunch the next day and they were full. Less than 5 minutes later I got a call and it was them with a cancellation. Great news.
The food was really good!! I would go out of my way to come and the village is a worthwhile stop for a quick walk about.
My partner had the wild boar pasta and being his 3rd one on the trip said it was by far the best. I had cheese tortellini with artichoke, very tasty. Then we shared the venison cooked in a red sauce, it was extremely delicious. We also had the white beans which were creamy and so tasty. To finish, a nice cheese cake with berries.
Great friendly service and amazing food. You should reserve as it’s not a large place and very popular. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

The quintessential Italian restaurant. I never write reviews but after my trip to Italy for a family reunion I just had to. If you’re in the area (Greve in Chianti) you just have to try this restaurant.
The Food, wine and staff are wonderful and I personally recommend the truffle pasta it’s to die for.
We were a large party but they managed to sit us all together. The atmosphere was lovely and for the quality of food I think the bill was very reasonable and goes on my list of favourite restaurants. All I can add to this give it a try you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Stayed at nearby Borgo Del Cabreo and had a driver take us for dinner, which I highly recommend. The road to Montefioralle is a steep gravel road but it is a magical small town and worth a little walk around before dinner.

Lovely cozy restaurant, welcoming staff and delicious food. Started us off with Prosecco. My friend particularly enjoyed her homemade pasta with truffles. The rest of us had beef which was delicious and a huge portion.

Desserts were equally delicious and we were treated to limoncello to end our meal.
Would highly recommend