“Alberobello - Lovely Trulli Experience”

il Gabellota Resort in Trulli
Montreal, Canada
“Alberobello - Lovely Trulli Experience”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The weather did not cooperate for my four night stay in Alberobello. Despite the miserable touring weather I really enjoyed the Trulli experience. I found that the Management was excellent and provided guidance on the usual problem parking in Italy and a great overview guide book. The Trulli was clean and for a single person plenty of room. Breakfast was close to me (I read the other reviews) and my truilli. My only complaint with breakfast is its not real orange juice! I did use the internet at the office once which is also handy. I will return again to Puglia and plan a repeat visit at Residence Trulli Holiday. It was good value and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I had number 49 and it was centrally located (close to breakfast place)
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
england
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We Had the most fantastic 25th wedding anniversry in our Trulli!

The staff were so friendly and helpful, we could not of asked for more.
The Trulli exceeded our expectations and was set in a beautiful location .

We will remember this holiday forever,very special and Trulli wonderful.

Milano
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Me, my husband and my 7 mnths baby stayed in one of the trullo .The stay was comfortable for us . The trullo given to us was just behind the the cathedral n in a residencial area. The room was spacious with dining ,living n small kitchen..The bathroom was very small but clean. We stayed for 2 nights.Alberobello is expensive compared to other places in puglia. Staff was excellent . They have arranged for taxi to the grotto and also for our trip to lecce.

The breakfast was served in a restaurant which was quite far from our trullo. Thus i would recommend to stay in trulli zone which is more beautiful than the duomo area. Breakfast was good with variety but eggs dishes was quite cold. We didnt use the breakfast for the 2nd day coz of the distance.

Room Tip: stay in the trulli zone
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Rome
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Wonderful experience staying in our own Trullo which to our surprise enabled self catering. well equipped and very comfortable. Within the Trulli village very close to all amenities. Management were very professional and helpful. I would highly recommend this experience.

Room Tip: Trullis are individual units are spread around the town.
Corpus Christi, TX
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My wife & I spent one night in a Trulli Holiday unit in mid-October 2011. What a great adventure! And most reasonable price. We had heard of Alberobello on TV and had to see it for ourselves. I recommend the city and the accommodations to all. We want to get back. The highlight of our 2 1/2 weeks in Italy from the Swiss border to this wonderful village.

Room Tip: We rented the smallest arrangement, and it was fine.