All reviews small balcony via roma croissants common areas great location bus station hot water three nights within walking distance enjoyed our stay lobby fridge tv naples toiletries port island
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This is a nice looking hotel with a typical Italian feel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location could not be better. It is right in the centre but this also brings a certain noise level with it (our room was facing the street). Our shower leaked and we needed the towels to soak up the puddles. The hotel knew about it. I was just wondering why they did not fix it. The breakfast, unfortunately, was simply not good. My husband went only once and I did not bother to go the last morning of our stay. They put a sweet croissant on the table which was not to our taste. There was hardly anything to choose from. No fruit. The juices could be taken from a machine and were pure sugar. There were white bread rolls, some cereal, a big pot of natural joghurt and some wrapped in plastic cracker type of sweet breads. That is all I can remember. I noticed a lady who brought her own breakfast to the table! I had to content myself with a white roll, butter and jam plus a (not very good) coffee.

Room tip: Noisy when the room faces the street.
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights in February. We absolutely loved the location of Villa Maria, so close to the buses all over the island and within walking distance of the entire Port all the way to the castle Aragonese. I felt comfortable and very well cared for here. The weather was typically bad, but the welcome always warm and the cappuccinos wonderul.
OUr room overlooked the main street and port and I enjoyed the sunset over the everyday scene immensely. This hotel provides really clean rooms that are comfortable and functional. They are not super elegant or upscale, but the showers are always hot and strong, and the rooms spotless. I absolutely loved Villa Maria.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel situated just a few minutes walk from the port .... it literally took me 10 minutes or less from the ferry to the hotel.
The building looks pretty nice and located just across the popular pedestrian street via Roma

We booked a standard room , with a nice terrace overlooking the street.
Room could definitely use un update , specially the mattress .... very uncomfortable
Room size was ok , tv very small and safe didn’t work or had no batteries. Room had a refrigerator which I found very useful during a summer visit. The bathroom was ok , spacious and bright ... but hot water was more like Luke warm water. Bring your own amenities, like soap and shampoo since the one provided to small to last.
WiFi not working in the room but only in common areas like the lobby. I was lucky enough to get free WiFi from the bar across the street just by seating on the terrace( table and Chairs provided ) .
Breakfast was ok , not a big selection but enough to get you thru till lunch.
I was happy with my stay since I believe I got why I payed for.
As stated on the title , the location it’s great ... restaurants , bars and shopping just minutes way from the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed for two nights ,it could not have been in such a good location just off the sea front where there are plenty bars and places to eat .Not far from the hydrofoil where we got off from Naples,and passed bus station on the way . Checked in was quick then to room good size small balcony but sufficient for the two off us nice big bed and comfy nice and clean small fridge . Bath room plenty towels and warm water a few toiletries.Good breakfast continental style as much has we could eat lovely coffee .Staff very pleasant. Every thing was close to would stay again if in this area .

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed for three nights at this boutique hotel. Location is excellent, marina at the front, beach and designer shopping streets to the right. It is an easy and beautiful 30 minute walk (part beach, part streets) to Aragonese Castle where you will find quaint shops and coffee bars. The bus station is within walking distance if you don't fancy the walk but I would recommend you give the walk a go; it is difficult to get yourself lost in Ischia, there are plenty of restaurants, cafes and bars along the way for a pit stop or pop into one of the beautiful churches along the way and light a candle if you so wish.

The hotel itself is very charming and welcoming. Our room was adequate with a small balcony that overlooked the sunny terrace. The bathroom was very small but clean and supplied with a few toiletries. There is a fridge, small television, air-condition unit and mis-matched bedroom furniture - which added to the charm in some respects. Breakfast was served in the dining room with the usual continental fare - croissants, breads, cheeses, hams, cereal, cake, yoghurt, jam and beverages - enough to keep you going until lunch. We did not eat in the restaurant but there were daily set menu's for guests at €20 per person which is very good value compared to some of Ichias' restaurants. The staff are attentive and helpful. Room was cleaned everyday and the bed was very comfortable. Wi-Fi was free but did not work for us anywhere in the hotel unfortunately but was not a problem.

We enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider staying at this hotel again. Thank you Hotel Villa Maria for your hospitality.

Date of stay: October 2017