All reviews villa romana lovely hotel amalfi coast room overlooking the pool group tour buffet style the hotel staff wine list street side air con pastries road scholar reasonable size waiter service dining room is pool area is small sea front
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I stayed at Villa Romana Hotel for my Amalfi Coast trip. The hotel is great value although it is away from all the main attractions but maybe that is why it's cheap. The hotel itself is good, there isn't much I could think of to complain about.

It is on a lovely quiet street a little further up the hill. You will walk past all the shops as you get to the hotel. After few days staying there, I've come to know all the shop owners, they are very lovely people. Especially the retro barber shop there.

In the morning, the street is bustling with locals and shop owners, you hear Buongiorno everywhere. Everyone is so friendly there.

Room is nice and clean, breakfast is good enough, nothing bad to report. The staff is ok, they do their job, not pretentious or extra friendly/smiley which some might take it as rude. I think overall it's fine.

Great location - Very close to the ferry port and walking distance to bus stop.

Restaurants nearby - a few cafes and restaurants nearby which are good, as food standard in Italy is good anyways. There is on Italian restaurant just at the road up across from the hotel, great value and good authentic food too.

Local attractions - I spent some time exploring the nearby area. There is a ruined site Villa Romana as well as a very beautiful church which is free to visit. As you exit the church side exit, you will come to a Limoncello tasting which is a great touristy thing to do. You get to taste the lemon produce, see how they package it. It's not a big operation, a small shop but it's also a tasting session.

From Minori, I could visit many other towns near including Amalfi Coast, Furore, Ravello, Capri etc. Best to mix ferry and bus, ferry is easier I find but of course bus is cheaper.

Before your travel, you don't have to print out any bus schedules or maps, the hotel reception will give you all the info which is great. The tourism office at Amalfi Coast by the ferry will also give you all the info you need.

Minori will be cheap to stay if you are looking for great value. Great location and clean rooms, good breakfast. I recommend it!

Room tip: Choose one with a balcony facing the high street.
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Luxplora
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Hotel Villa Romana. The hotel is in a great spot and I cant recommend it highly enough. The room was beautiful with plenty of space for our toddlers bed. The pool area was clean and attended at all times. But the main thing about this hotel is the staff, nothing was ever too much trouble. They were friendly, helpful and it always came across so genuine. The resort itself is very much the same, friendly locals, good restaurants and amazing views of the Amalfi coast.

We would definitely return to minori and Hotel Villa Romana.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed from 30th o may to 2nd of juneNice and quiet hotel , with beautiful rooms and decoration. Excellent breakfast. The staff of the restaurant very kind and helpful.
reception staff was also very kind , except the woman of the afternoon, she could have been more warm and despite being the firt person we met , she didn t give us any advise or guide , surely she could do it better...
In summary perfect hotel , near ferrys and buses.. I would recommend it whitout ant doubt

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Beatriz R
Reviewed 1 June 2018

We stayed for 7 nights on a group tour holiday. Well situated for the town and within 10min walking distance to local beach. Hotel was very clean and rooms quite large - does have a fridge/minibar, otherwise basic. Rooms to front overlook street can be noisy. Better rooms at rear overlooking pool. Good lounge, bar and restaurant. On half board basis - set 3 course dinner and buffet breakfast. Would have been nice if there had been a salad bar you could have used. Breakfast had a great selection of cakes and pastries which would have been nice to be available during the evening at dinner. All staff throughout hotel very friendly and helpful. Nice pool fresh water but small.
If you do visit independently the local transport and ferry's all serve the different towns along the Amalfi coast. Wouldn't advise car hire - very narrow coast road could cause you a few hair raising experiences.
Overall worth a visit and would recommend

Room tip: Rooms overlooking pool area are the best
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalViDroitwichWorcs
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We stayed in the Villa Romana Hotel for 7 nights and we found it to be very nice. We had read the reviews on TripAdvisor so we had a bit of background and we knew that we were in for a treat (if you like cakes that is!!). We knew that the front rooms can be noisy with the traffic and the bin men doing their thing at 6am and that some of the walls are on the thin side. So we brought some ear plugs and I sent an e-mail to the hotel 2 weeks before our arrival requesting a back room overlooking the pool. I had a reply to my e-mail from Roberta who said that she would try to meet my request.

We arrived at the hotel at midnight and the hotel was very quiet and dark, just the night staff on duty. We did not have a chance to see what the hotel was like. We got shown to our room, which was to our delight a back room overlooking the pool as requested.

We got up on the following morning for breakfast and as it was now daylight, we had a quick look around the hotel and its immediate area. We were impressed, it was very nice and at a central location for what we wanted. The breakfast was really good and it was so nice to eat in such an elegant dining room. Did manage to resist the cakes for the first few days.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the other people staying in this hotel were very chatty. It was a nice relaxing atmosphere. The wifi signal was very strong in the hotel which was useful. The walls are a bit thin and on occasions we could here other guests conversations and when this happened late at night, we just simply used our ear plugs. problem solved.

We found the Amalfi Coast to exceed our expectations, absolutely stunning. I personally don't like shops and therefore found Minori more appealing than Positano and Amalfi itself.

I was advised that driving was not for the faint hearted (no kidding) so we used some buses, but we mainly used the boat ferry service so we got the best views of the coastline.

All in all, we both enjoyed our stay at this Hotel, thanks to the staff for making our stay enjoyable and we really liked the relaxing environment that Minori offers.

My only comments regarding the hotel would be to put more information in the Hotel Directory of Service to include a bit more about the hotel facilities and the facilities in Minori (Post Office, supermarkets, Pharmacy, Thursday market at the sea front etc) and also to consider a facility for guests to freshen up, because on our last day we had to check out at 10am and did not have our airport transfer until 6pm and after spending the day in Minori in the heat could have done we a quick wash/shower and change of clothes before we travelled home.

We would definitely come back to stay in this hotel again.

Room tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
Date of stay: May 2018