“As Good as it Gets”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We were in New Port News on a work/fun visit and we decided that we wanted something a bit different than the steaks-burger-pasta fare you get when eating out all the time. So, after putting in a search for Thai food we were directed to Thaijindesu. This uppity Thai restaurant is located in the William Styron Sq. in a very nice part of New Port News. As I looked at the reviews I noticed that 97% of the reviews were favorable to excellent. Well that did it and we drove the almost 12 minutes (WOW!) to the restaurant.
We had no problem with Parking. We did reserve a table on the hostess's recommendation, but it was not really needed it. We entered and were met with a beautiful young woman who guessed our names and then seated us. The dining room was fresh, clean, with an inviting decor, super friendly wait staff and not very loud at all.
Our waiter Tam greeted us and I ordered an ale and my wife ordered a vodka tonic. After looking at the wonderful and diverse menu that had everything from Tempura to sushi to Drunken noodles I decided on fresh spring rolls for the table and Nua Siam and my wife choose Wonton soup and sweet-Sour w/ chicken
The spring rolls arrive and were delicious with the sweet peanut Sause. The won tong soup arrived and the savory broth coupled with the name cabbage, carrots and snap peas made this sometime boring soup an eye opener to what was to come. I certainly cloud make the soup a meal in itself.
The entrees arrived and my Nua Siam with thin slices of marinated beef in a deep dark spicy gravy with carrots, broccoli and bamboo shoots coupled with jasmine rice. This entire plate was cooked to perfection. It was just that right spicy temp.
My wife ordered the Sweet & sour with chicken. WOW! The delicate flavors of the combination of carrots, pineapple, green onions as well as the savory sauce was spot on. The amount of food was also perfect. There was little waste.
Overall, I will give this restaurant a five Star review. That's as good as it gets.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

A bit pricey but nice ambience great service and excellent food on an eclectic menu for Asian v cuisine. Nearby convenient parking

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit. The food and service were very good. We shared the fresh rolls (rice paper), shrimp and pork steamed dumplings and basil sauce duck: everything was delicious. I recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Cute restaurant in a great location in Newport News. Ordered the pad see eew with shrimp, spice level 3 (out of 5). Love spicy food but next time I’m going to order a level 2. My sister ordered a level 4 and thought it was just right. Nice atmosphere and the service was great. Would definitely come back again!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I went there tonight with 4 friends. Our waitress Nuch was RIDICULOUSLY rude. She over charged us and added gratuity for a party of 4. When confronted about it she started yelling and became irate. I will never return there. The manager acted like he didn’t care about the waitress’s behavior. STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE.

Date of visit: June 2018