“Another busy Saturday @First Watch!”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #11 of 515 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: USD 8 - USD 12
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

My friend was visiting from Florida and really enjoys breakfast here. A 60 minute wait time was far too long, but it gave us plenty of catch-up time!
I ordered the traditional breakfast, as always, and it was cooked perfectly. My friend ordered a breakfast sandwich and was thoroughly pleased.
Wait staff was busy, but very helpful.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Very interesting menu and huge portions. My wife had the Parma skillet bowl and took almost half home. I had the roast beef and havarti sandwich which was very good (was no longer in the mood for breakfast). Coffee at this chain is amongst the best and service is very friendly. Be prepared to wait to be seated but the food is worth the wait.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I fell in love with the first First Watch I went to last year in Ohio, and now whenever I find a First Watch somewhere, I go! Tried to go here on Sunday but the wait was approximately 1 hr with 15+ people ahead of us. I learned this via their app which allowed us to do "get in line" seating. This is great...but we had to "jump out of line" bc we had somewhere to go and couldn't wait. Came back on Monday for breakfast with no wait. Samantha was our server and she was excellent - warm, friendly greeting, fast service, checked on us and kept coffee and water full. I got the Acai Squeeze based on her recommendation and it was delicious! (I miss the carrot ginger chai tea that was in season last year - but I love to try all their drinks. They are all delicious!) I got the salmon frittata and my boyfriend got the traditional breakfast - everything delicious and filling. Absolutely no complaints...other than I wish I lived closer.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

This is the first time we have been to First Watch in Newport News. We went to one in Hampton, VA which was also outstanding. Everyone’s food was delicious, although the healthier options left some feeling like they were missing out. The coffee was yummy, and the service was great. First Watch has a wait, but it is well worth your time. Give this place a try; you won’t be disappointed. The eggs Benedict were lovely on the plate and delicious!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Food is excellent (and consistent for a chain), well portioned (not a massive volume like most breakfast-centric restaurants). Service was good. During peak hours there may be a slight wait, and parking can be tricky but you can download an app for approximate wait times and priority listing (no reservations).