“Interesting atmosphere”

Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers
Ranked #25 of 534 Restaurants in Newport News
Description: Mellow Mushroom is proud to serve Newport News with delicious pizza, hoagies, calzones, burgers, and salads. Providing quality food since 1974, we use fresh ingredients on all our menu items. Mellow Mushroom is more than just a pizza restaurant; it is where Hampton Roads pizza lovers and beer lovers gather.
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The food was not that great but it was definitely satisfactory. There are vegetarian options on the menu which made me quite happy. Each child is offered a tablet to play on which is a good option sometimes. But it can be frustrating when you are trying to interact and have conversations.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank skaneateles60
MMNNVA, Owner at Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you liked the vegetarian options. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in to grab lunch at Mellow Mushroom after doing some college touring. I’ve frequented the chain previously in Orlando, and was excited to find one closer to home. ( one is DEFINITELY needed in Norfolk or Va Beach!!!). Great open concept,fantastic staff- our waiter was great! Fast and accommodating service, along with vast knowledge of making meal accommodations for multiple allergies. Will return if passing through again, but again.... PLEASE OPEN A LOCATION IN NORFOLK/ VIRGINIA BEACH!!

Date of visit: April 2018
MMNNVA, Owner at Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had a great experience with us. Williamsburg will be the next location in Hampton Roads - the southside is definitely on the radar for a future location. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Wife and I shared a medium red skin potato pizza. Great flavor and love the crust. fabulous beer selection. It’s hard to find a bourbon barrel stout but they have one. Our server, Lauren, was helpful without hovering.

Date of visit: April 2018
MMNNVA, Owner at Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your review. It was great to meet you, and I am thrilled that you loved your pizza and the bourbon barrel stout. I will pass along the kind words to Lauren. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

They make the best specialty pizzas. The salad is great too. If you can eat there, the beer selection is fantastic.

Date of visit: March 2018
MMNNVA, Owner at Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to read you loved the pizza and the salad. We really appreciate the positive feedback. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here many times when I lived in the area and went there while in town today and it was still as I remembered, pretty good! The bartenders were friendly and the service was awesome! The loaded potato pie was a delicious delight that paired well with the couple of beers that I had (they have over 20 different beers on tap). Hopefully we make it back for another meal before we leave town.

Date of visit: February 2018
MMNNVA, Owner at Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you chose us for your trip back to Newport News. The Loaded Potato Pie is a great pizza. We look forward to cup Serving you again soon.