“great food and service here!”
Review of Craft 60 Ale House

Craft 60 Ale House
Ranked #12 of 534 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for dinner and tonight and really liked it. Sure it's a bar but it's not loud and noisy at all. We had wonderful service from our waitress, Tamera. She did a great job, friendly, patient, polite and careful service. I really appreciate that nowadays as I find most wait staff to be lacking in all these areas. I had the quesadilla with house pulled pork and it was delicious and enough for a meal easily. We shared the chopped salad which was also great(ask for the dressing on the side) and my husband had the flounder po' boy. His sandwich was huge and he brought half home for lunch tomorrow. They have a giant selection of beer of course, Craft 60 and they have some very nice wine selections, also. We'll be back!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Excellent service, drinks not overpriced; food tasty, much more so than typical bar food. Fried cheese curds as an app. Awesome! Had the crab cakes for dinner. Two on the plate, mostly crab and not too much filler. Will be back for more!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Been trying to get in here and eat for about a year. Every time I came there was either too long of a line or it was closed (they changed hours due to construction). Today was the day and damn was the wait worth it. I only wished I stood in the long lines sooner!! Easily one of the top 5 burgers I’ve ever eaten!! The little hole in the wall place are always the best, but this is on another level!! Service was excellent as well. Definitely drive out of your way to eat here!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Read a bunch of great reviews for this place which got me curious. Decided to stop by for lunch with my husband. First off the place is “hidden” behind a Karate studio so keep your eyes peeled when you go. The building is interesting. Reminded me a bit of a bunker. Low ceilings, dark interior, windows low on a weird angle. The staff was very friendly and the service was good. We had the calamari which unfortunately was limp and greasy. It would have been great if they had been left in the oil for just a bit longer and the oil had been hotter. My husband had a burger which was huge but didn’t have a lot of flavor. I ordered the southern fried chicken strips over a house salad. The strips were a bit burned and the salad was something I’d expect from a fast food joint - lettuce with diced onions and tomatoes with some shredded cheese. Frankly it looked like they just threw on the same ingredients they use for tacos. Anyways, we really wanted to like this place but I’m afraid we probably won’t be back. Three stars overall because the service was good even though the food was disappointing.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Had the mahi bites off the app menu because I wasn't that hungry. They were so damn good I probably could have eaten 3 orders. I saw other plates come out of the kitchen that looked awesome. Interior and exterior is not that impressive but who cares. Friendly crowd, an excellent bartender and awesome food. Can't wait to go back and try something else.

Date of visit: September 2018