All reviewsred lobsterfront deskthe breakfast areayogurtwalking distanceroom was spaciouschoice hotelssofa bednice propertyfirst morningjefferson avehot itemsa great place to stayvisiting familyconvenient locationindoor poolwaffle maker
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This is one of the BEST hotels I have EVER been to. Everyone is very very friendly and the hotel is spotless. Great hotel great workers fantastic stay! The rooms have a lot of room and very comfortable beds and couches. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for anyone who enjoys nice clean stays.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Lee A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you so much for your sincere review and we are so pleased to hear you had an fantastic stay! Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Drove down from NYC due to a death in the family. Checked in 7/20/18. Checked out 7/22/18. Not a good stay. Had Stayed here before some years ago. Sad to say that the place has really gone down. But the location is the reason I STILL consider coming back.

During this particular stay, here's what went WRONG:
1. Hallways were HOT like a sauna!!!!
2. Room had cheese doodle crumbs on the sofa (which was well worn and sunken in, by the way) and lots of white particles on the floor (looked like pieces of facial tissue)
3. Electricity went out in room during our stay. Front desk said it wasn't hotel wide, just our room. After waiting more than 30 min for someone to come and fix it, my husband (who works for the power company in our state) located the circuit breaker box, flipped the switch and got our power back on himself.
4. Left room between 10:30a and 11a on Saturday, came back in after 10p...room had not been cleaned. Bed unmade, garbage not emptied, no clean towels.
5. Called down for clean towels so we could at least shower...and get out of this dump fast in the morning: took 40 minutes to bring up the clean towels!!! Nothing is done in a timely manner here!

It's obvious they are understaffed in EVERY department.
The housekeepers look like they'd rather be anywhere but here.
The front desk folks are just OK, not great.

I've stayed in at least 5 hotels in the area...including the Hampton Inn and the Hilton Garden Inn. As of TODAY, those properties are better...on all levels. But again, I just prefer this location....so I will see if I will give them one last chance to make it better. It's a shame because this used to be a great place to stay.

OH....and you should add some additional handicapped parking spaces!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SmoothJazzQueen
Lee A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport.

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding several incidents on your recent visit. I wished you would have contacted a manager on duty throughout your stay? We would have corrected most if not all of your concerns. I have shared your feedback with all departments within our hotel to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future as we are always making improvements to make every guest stay a very enjoyable stay.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Newport News.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Me and my partner stayed here a few times and always promised to leave a review but never do until now. Dante, Dana and Lee were so helpful finding places for us to venture, eat and relax. We also had the only room in the hotel with a jacuzzi tub! Very nice and clean. The Pool had this cool disco effect at night time. We will always stay here.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
tbone337, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

We greatly appreciated your kind words and are so delighted you both enjoyed your returned stay. Your feedback is very important to us as we will continue work hard to become everyone's favorite hotel in Newport News. Have a great summer...

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I am a high school track coach and stayed here with my team for a track meet. The hotel was amazing and did a wonderful job assisting our team. Everyone was so nice and the rooms were great. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
tbone337, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

We are so delighted you and your team enjoyed our service & hospitality. We really appreciate your awesome review. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to make improvements to make everyone's stay a memorable one. Hope to see you and your team again very soon...

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I stayed at Comfort Suites mid May. Dontae and Telaya at check in was very professional, friendly, and helpful during my stay. The place was busy and they handled all matters extremely well. I have stayed at Comfort Suites many times while visiting Bush Gardens. I was given a great rate and an wonderful room. I have referred others to this gem!

Room Tip: 4th floor is the best floor to stay on
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank doswell84
tbone337, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you very much for your continued support and kind words. Our entire team members work hard to make every guest stay a memorable one! We hope you have a great summer and we will see again soon...