“Glad we went there”
Review of Skrimp Shack

Skrimp Shack
Ranked #8 of 510 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Description: Serving huge fish sandwiches, awesome shrimp po boys all with homemade sauces. Our customer service is amazing. So eat in or take out. Full menu and pictures on facebook. WE now have 2 locations.. Yorktown 715-1118 and newport news 933-1687
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We originally went to another Skrimp Shack location that had closed; so we went to this one. It is in a small strip center close to a Walmart. Definitely not fancy, with only about eight tables in the place. While we ate, there was a steady stream of locals coming in for take out. The food was very good, and very reasonably priced. Order at the counter, get your drinks in a styrofoam cup, and bus your own table when you finish. My wife and I had a good meal for under $ 25.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Visited Skrimp Shack near Yorktown with a friend for dinner. Found out about this place on Facebook. So glad I decided to take the 45 minute drive to visit. The Fat Flounder sandwich was awesome with sweet potato fries. The portions are enough for 2 meals. There is limited seating but be patient and wait. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I had my first visit to this local chain and will go back. The portions are very generous and the skrimp are large and well cooked. Once my order was placed it didn’t take long to come out. The people were very friendly and the the place was clean considering they had been through a very busy dinner time when I came in.
Many of the people there seemed to be regulars. For fresh seafood, the prices were reasonable. You’ll pay near this at one of the chain places for inferior food. Is it a bit more, yes. Is it worth it, absolutely.
One more thing, that tiny parking lot can be very busy because there are 4-5 food-related places in the strip mall and around dinner time...

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Service was quick. Portions are generous. food tastes great. I definitely recommend this place for seafood lovers.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Second time at the Shrimp Shack and things are still the same as my last visit back in March ( GREAT). If you are in this area, you really need to check this place out. For lunch I had the catfish and shrimp basket with fried okra. Everything is reasonable priced and the portions are plentiful.