All reviewswalls are thinfront officefull kitchenstaying at this hotelclean roomswould stay here againhousekeeperwilinensjefferson
Reviewed 16 October 2017

every possible thing was terrible, except the desk employee who was helpful and gave us a refund on the spot. (Or rather promised a refund would be applied to my credit card - still haven't seen it yet). The non-smoking rooms both reeked of cigarette and marijuana smoke. The rooms were dirty, the bedding was dirty. Mold in the bathroom. There were an assumption that we would be paying cash. There were additional signatures needed to promise not to smoke in the rooms. Every possible red flag was raised high before we even signed in. The extended Stays I've used before aren't bad, the one in Newport News should be bulldozed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B987SXfrankp
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will take immediate action to identify why we failed so we can prevent these issues from occurring again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

i have been staying at this location for sometime, and some of these negative reviews are remarkable to say the least. the general manager and her staff truly shows what hospitality means. i have watched this place go through some ups and downs, but the one thing i can say is the manager and her staff kept the business moving always wanting to give the guest their best. since i have been at the hotel for a while i can also say that the staff takes pride in their job probably because of their leader. i myself have watched this yound lady do some remarkable things at this location with the crazy hours she works, but she must be a robot because even with her long hours she's still very pleasant to talk to. the housekeeping staff does a tremendous job keeping my room tidy and supplied with the necessities. although there are mistakes made at times, like with any business, they move pretty quickly to get the issues resolved and never make excuses. i just wanted everyone to know about the staff at this location.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience at Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to read you loved the convenience of our prime location and were impressed with the service provided by our courteous associates. We appreciate you sharing your nice comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I just stayed here for one night & it was just fine for what I needed - a quick trip with somewhere to just go to bed and get up and go. Not sure I'd want to spend a whole lot of time here. The location is easily accessible and the staff was lovely (Kimmy at the front desk was super helpful!). The room however had clearly been a smoking room (despite having to sign paperwork stating that I would not smoke in the room) and I was disappointed to find long strands of hair in the bathroom on the toilet & in the shower as well as on a pillow case. Had I been planning to stay longer than 12 hours, I would have requested an additional cleaning of the room and just be aware that the walls are thin - I could hear my neighbor's TV loud and clear!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Amanda, thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are happy that you liked our convenient location and the service provided by Kimmy. We will be sure to share your compliments with her. However, we apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered which resulted in a disappointing stay. Remedial steps within our housekeeping department are underway to ensure this does not happen again. We truly hope this unfortunate situation will not prevent you from staying with us again.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 24 July 2017

During my stay at The extended-stay oyster point Newport News location, I was greeted by Tiana and her staff with smiles professionalism and plenty of conversation. Again I can't tell you How genuinely pleased I was with the professionalism and the attention to perfection that the staff presented to me. Again I will say , this staff and this location are the true definition of hospitality

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for evaluating your stay at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point. We are delighted to know you were comfortable here and were impressed with the exceptional service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your compliments with my entire team, especially with Tiana and her team for a job well done! We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

The staff at this facility was very friendly and helpful. However, when I walked into my room I was overwhelmed with the smell of smoke. I'm not sure if it was cigarette or marijuana, but the room reeked of it. I woke up the next morning feeling like it was difficult to breath and my nose was stuffy, I'm guessing because of the smokey air in the room. I also walked around in my shoes because I noticed my feet were getting dirty when walking barefoot.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.