All reviews front desk grocery store room was clean complimentary breakfast pool and hot tub great hotel fresh fruit the hotel staff staff was very friendly would stay here again movie theater enjoyed our stay off the highway within walking distance the breakfast area oatmeal recommend this hotel
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Hampton Inns have been my choice for years. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is perfect for me, plus there are lots of choices. I always feel welcome and know what to expect. I choose Hampton.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Hampton Inn Newport News lives by its name. It has classy rooms which are well maintained. The beds are super comfy. The check in was a breeze. The person at the reception took pains to allot another room to us as the room allotted to us wasn't ready. My wife left her iPhone in room and we had travelled almost 30 miles when she realised it. We gave a call and we were informed that housekeeper has it. A big thank you to Hampton Inn staff. Keep it up.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

The staff was very courteous, professional and kind. I felt welcome from the time I arrived, to the time I departed. This is by far the best service I have ever received at a hotel. I would highly recommend it to family and friends.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I always enjoy staying at Hampton Inn whenever I travel. This location did not disappoint. It was very clean as expected, there were many options (hot and cold) for breakfast, and the staff were courteous. The housekeeper even left a note under my door to let me know that she would come by later to clean my room, since I was in the shower.

1  Thank Candace T
Reviewed 11 July 2018

There is a group of 6 of my gal friends that go to OCMD each fall since 1994. One of them developed a very aggressive brain tumor & in 3 mos was gone.We were devastated as anyone w/a 20 friendship will know. We all live in PA but this happened at her summer home in Matthews,VA. The other 5 of us decided we must go to VA. One gal found this Hampton Inn not to far away.The room had 2 double beds but we had 5 women.Since we were staying 2 nights & the rooms were expensive & the extreme sadness we were suffering we asked was there anything they could do for us. The person taking the reservation was so moved by our story he checked to see what they could do.They put a roll-a-way bed in for us.Now it was very tight quarters w/only 1 BR but we managed. All the while laughing & crying at the same time that our dear friend was reminiscing our weeks at OCMD & watching us from Heaven. Several of the front desk ppl asked how we were doing when we returned. BUT the best part was they gave us their Bereavement rate. Something we knew nothing abt & therefore didn't ask for but were extremely pleased. Will def stay at Hampton Inns in the future.

Stayed: March 2018