See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2016

On arriving at hotel, we were greeted and although little English was spoken we were able to communicate with staff, who were very friendly and helpful.
We had a room at the front, which is great if you like church bells and the sound of motor bikes at all hours. Although our daughter had a room at the back and did not hear any of this. There is no outdoor space to sit although you are welcome in the bar area of hotel eating area. Bedding lovely and clean although the mattresses were rather hard. No English brochures so research where you want to visit before you go. Saturday market was very interesting and definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for back rooms if you want the quiet, but these have no view.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank otter222
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Very good value typically French lovely restuarant with windows onto street, menu very good local food the house wine excellant value left with a thick head, was very moorish.rooms a bit old fashioned but comfortable. Breakfast typical french plenty to eat and loads of coffee.small car park at side of hotel. Handy place for Benidictine monastry, and shops of the town and harbour. Was able to book over the phone without a deposit required ( The Engish hoteliers could learn from this) will definatly go again probably this November.
Note dont know were wavygravy 60 was probably likes places with no character.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Stayed here on business, the rate was €68 which seemed a reasonable price but I was to find out why later. The place needs money spending on it as the carpets were grubby, paintwork tired and the rooms are very dated. My room had a decrepit shower which was barely warm and doors which were on a spring which you had to squeeze through in an attempt to shower. The bed was OK but had two huge out of shape pillows which were not comfortable.

I paid an extra €7.50 for breakfast which was a joke. I went into the breakfast room which resembled a school dining hall. I had to have a second look because there didn't appear to be any of the usual breakast items there, such as cutlery and crockery on the tables, food etc. I sat down at a crumb strewn table to get my bearings.

I eventually located a coffee pot with some old coffee in it, found a cup on a shelf and poured myself one. There were some cartons of fruit juice on the top of the coffee machine, most of them empty, but I eventually found one with something in it, pineapple...bleagh.

There was one large table with two families, and they had hoovered up the bread and criossants, which appeared to be rationed. Eventually the lone member of staff on duty appeared with a couple of baskets, which she set down. I did not move as quickly as the kids next door, and these two baskets were lifted over to the big table and hoovered again! I don't blame them, but there was so little food to go round!

Finally after about 20 minutes wait, the waitress plonked a single small croissant on my table. That would be all I was to be offered so I ate it and checked out. Or tried to...as the card machine would not accept my cards. I then had to withdraw cash and pay while the receptionist/waitress/cook made a fuss about having to find change for me.

There are many better places to here, if you want to. It's a tired little town where nothing much happens out of holiday season.

Room Tip: Rooms on one side have a view of McDonalds but are quiet, rooms on the other have a view of the cathedral but noise from the busy road. Take your pick....
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2014

We arrived in Fecamp in the early evening and this was the first restaurant we saw. So we went for it. The food was good, the ambience was excellent as this is an older property and there were a lot of locals eating in the restaurant. We ended up having drinks after dinner with a Dutch cargo ship captain and his wife who were sitting at the next table. We spent the night in the hotel. It was clean, comfortable. The staff and owners were all very friendly and accomodating. They helped us get our car safely parked off the street, as we got into town a little late. Both the restaurant and the hotel have character. I would definitely stay there again should I ever return to the area.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mountainmango
Reviewed 4 October 2014

Having just travelled from Britanny we decided to break our journey before returning to UK. We had originally intended staying over in Honfleur and although a popular tourist destination, we found it very crowded and expensive. Fecamp however only a few Kms along the coast, proved to be a very good decision after a long drive and the Hotel Normandy offered a very comfortable alternative with helpful and friendly staff. Our double room was basic and very clean with a great walk in shower (room 107) and although at the rear of the hotel, provided a view of the sea and was very quiet. Only downside was it overlooked Mc Donald's but for one night it really didn't worry us. We decided to dine at the hotel and enjoyed an evening meal chosen from an uncomplicated but comprehensive menu. Breakfast comprised a basic but good continental selection offering croissants, fresh coffee, tea and assorted juices. Overall, a very pleasant experience in a typically French hotel with interesting and imaginative decor at a fraction of the price in Honfleur.

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel is quieter, but ask to see different rooms subject to availability of course.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple