“A good Pub!!”

The Black Bull Pub
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Coquelles
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We have had many many meals in this pub going back when it was called the John Bull. This used to be very friendly with the Waiters and Waitresses interacting with you but now it seems like business only. However the food and drink are still good and some of the Desserts are massive.
A good place for lunch or dinner with football on too!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

The Black Bull is laid out like a traditional English pub with a French twist of wide open doors with seating out side. Food was basic but good quality and responsibly priced.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Great place to sit and have an apéro.

Despite the name and decor it's not particularly English in style. I think it used to be, years ago, from memory. But there aren't as many Brits passing through nowadays and maybe those who are prefer to be in a more French environment?

They serve a wide range of beers, mainly local and Belgian.

I haven't tried the food but from what I've seen of it I'm sure it's ok.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Nothing special
Overpriced beer
Food not that special
Staff abit slow n miserable
Plenty of nicer food places in the shopping centre
Advertises real ale but none available beware of asking for a sample taster of the craft ciders !
Wouldn't return

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Went here with the wife and two kids,the place is a traditionally styled pub and looked decent.
We got seated quite rapidly and got given menus,around 20mins later a nice waiter took our drink order then another half hour passed before food order was taken....starving by now! We all thought we hope its worth the wait.........
Food arrived and looked ok on the plate but to be honest it was awful.
I had the mix plate grill ,steak was tough the ribs tasted of curry but not a nice curry and the frozen chips were disgusting the wife asked for a sirloin steak as did my daughter and they were definately not sirloin steaks and tough as boots again chips disgusting my other daughter had a pasta dish which was bland to say the least,the bill was 78 euro and a waste of money trust me eat somewhere else cos this place is a shambles!!

1  Thank Ron M