“Great time, good food!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2017

We just started wandering to find some good food. We were off season so the pickens were slim. Then we stumble on Steak and Mehr. Was so glad to have a good ole steak! The wait staff was wonderful and we all had a great time!

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Ended up here because it was close to out hotel and it was recommended by the hotel owner. Very friendly staff who sorted us out a table in non-smoking section soon enough. Steaks were fantastic and the price reasonable. Good wine list and varied menu. Would get 5/5 if the decor is spruced up a little. Also, please change the Comic Sans font on your menu! highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Visited with a friend on a Saturday night. Very cosy atmosphere, super friendly staff. We were both hungry so we ordered the 1kg Tomahawk steak, without even thinking about it, as soon as we saw it on the menu. Cooked to perfection (medium), arrived with some tasty chips and onion rings that we had ordered. Our eager waiter recommended a tasty Argentinian Malbec that really complimented our flavoursome steak. I would definitely come back and will recommend to all friends who are visiting the resort.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

The service was really good through-out the visit. Waiter had really good sense of humour. Athmosphere was cozy and relaxed. Garlic soup as a starter was excellent. Salmon tartar was also really good. Main courses to mention, surf & turf, which was great and the T-Bone (500g) which is huge - you dont leave out from this restaurant hungry.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

I tried this restaurant together with my friends more than 5 years ago and it remained our number 1 in Bad Gastein ever since. The food is really tasty and prepared upon your preferences. Scampi and garlic soup are a good choice for a delicious and light dinner.
The location is cosy, rather small (it's a family business) and beautifully decorated, depending on the occasion. We spent there a few anniversaries and Valentine's Day and they offered us quite a special dinner experience, with small presents at the end.
What I like the most about this restaurant is the staff - very friendly, dynamic and smiling all the time, showing passion for whatever they do and behaving professionally in every aspect of customer service. The owner is also very kind and warm, so positive and caring that we built a close relationship with her over the time, being so happy to see her again every year.
What I don't like is that the dishes didn't change so much over the years - I'm very interested to try new dishes when I travel abroad and they didn't really meet my variety expectations here. :) I usually choose a few dishes that I like the most and stick to them.
I heartily recommend Steak und Mehr, as it is a great restaurant. Don't hesitate to make a reservation if you ever get in Bad Gastein, since they may be pretty booked up in high season.