“Best way to reach Apoyo Lagoon”

Painted Pony Horse Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy nature at its best. There is nothing like the freedom of being on horseback and traversing the hills and valleys of west of Granada. The scenery is beautiful with views of Mombacho Volcano and farmlands. Once there, we will assess your skill level and put you on the perfect horse. All of our horses are healthy and happy and love to go on tours. The ride will take you through the countryside, near the Laguna Apoyo, and then we will ride through farmlands and hillsides. We currently offer Long and Short tours any day of the week.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

You can not miss Apoyo Lagoon staying in Granada and the perfect way to reach the rim of this crateric lake it is with a horse from Painted Pony.

All reviews
"nicaragua"
in 14 reviews
"lookout"

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Every summer for the past nine years I have traveled to Nicaragua with a group of teens. Every summer I look for fun activities to enrich their experience and to show them the local culture. Last summer I discovered Painted Pony. Last week my group enjoyed another wonderful trail ride with Wilfredo and his helper. Even the most inexperienced riders can feel confident on horseback. The horses are very well maintained and very well behaved. I have a large group so we went in two groups. I recommend going in the morning to enjoy the birds and the peacefulness of the morning. The tour rides out through local neighborhoods and into the area surrounding the Laguna until finally coming to a rest spot high above the Laguna Apoyo. The spot offers impressive views and cool breezes. If you need transportation to Painted Pony just ask and for a small fee they will pick you up.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Our children are quite young (1 and 3), so we just visited the farm and did not do a full horse riding tour. The kids loved seeing the animals and got to sit on the horse and go around for a short ride around the stables. The owners obviously take good care of their animals and the horses look to be in much better condition than the ones you see around the country and in town.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visited the Painted Pony for a trail ride to see the views of Laguna de Apoyo. We had a great time with our guide, Wilfredo, who was so sweet and talkative on our ride. I would absolutely recommend lots of sunscreen and water if you visit the ranch during peak heat and sunlight hours like we did. The view of the Laguna was unbelievable and the ride provided us with some great entertainment and memories.

Management response:Responded 3 April 2017

Thank you for your kind words. Wilfredo is truly an asset to our organization! It was a pleasure to have you and please, come back any time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2017

We had a mixed group of complete novice riders to somewhat experienced riders. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. They lead the most nervous and inexperienced riders on a lead. I found my horse to be responsive and not your typical tourist trail horse that just follows the horse in front of it. The horses are well trained and well taken care of and well fed. We enjoyed all the baby animals at the farm and the beautiful view over the rim at Laguna Apoyo.
They have helmets and hats but it would be good to wear sunscreen and bring something to protect your eyes because you are riding west into the setting sun.
I had a great time and can't wait to go back.

Darrell B, Owner at Painted Pony Horse Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

We are always happy to hear from happy horse riders. Please come back again and bring friends.

Many Regards