All reviews the owner popcorn machine the main square pancakes balcony room honor system free coffee communal kitchen filtered water an excellent host great place to stay other guests air conditioning central location swimming pool rooms are nice location is excellent
Reviewed 26 December 2018

I have just came back from Nicaragua and had an amazing stay here the location is perfect right near central square and within walking distance of everything.Gerry and his staff were excellent super accommodating and had many great tours he will recommend and set up for you. Rooms are very clean and comfortable with warm showers.I was made to feel very at home here and highly recommend this guest house.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

From the moment we arrived in Casa Del Agua, we felt welcomed and at home. Gerry the owner is extremely helpful and makes sure the guests are never wanting for anything. From his delicious pancakes every morning to organising day trips and a driver for us, we couldn't have asked for more. He even helped us to recover lost luggage. The rooms are clean and spacious with great AC. Casa Del Agua also has two pools which are great to cool off after a day of exploring. We had no problems the whole time we were in Granada, despite all the warnings against travelling here. It's a beautiful, colourful city with lots of other tourist attractions in close distance such as Laguna Del Opollo and Volcano Masaya. Would recommend Casa Del Agua to anyone travelling to Granada.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 230theresec
casadel, Owner at Casa del Agua, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2018

Reviewed 6 May 2018

From the minute we arrived, Gerry and his staff made us feel like we were guests in his home. Gerry had great recommendations for restaurants and fun things to do, and none of his suggestions disappointed. He even went out of his way to get me a house-call massage when I tweaked my back jumping into the lake. His daily pancake breakfast was delicious and his sarcastic sense of humor made our talks of politics and world events one of the best parts of my day. The hotel itself is a beautiful example of Spanish Colonial architecture. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable, and the pool was always the perfect temp for cooling off in the evening. Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the staff. Every one of them went out of their way to make us comfortable. Gerry is a lucky guy to have such a caring and conscientious group of women working with him! Bottom line, we can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey K
gerald w, Owner at Casa del Agua, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

We are always happy to offer great advice to make things, simpler and cheaper for our guests. Our staff has mentioned you as one of outstanding and respectful guests they had the pleasure of dealing with. Thank you for your kindness and positive remarks.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We had a very pleasant stay at Casa del Agua. We were warmly hosted by Jerry who proposed us different activities around Granada: boat cruise in las isletas, day hike at Mombacho volcano, night tour at Masaya volcano to see the lava, etc.
He also arranged a shuttle to León for us on our last day and was always there to answer our questions and chat around the pool! :)
Breakfast was delicious with fresh fruits and homemade pancakes!
The room was large and clean and the bed was comfortable.
It is ideally situated near the cathedral in the heart of the city.
We would definitely recommend to stay there to visit Granada and its surroundings!
Thanks again for this lovely stay!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gerald w, Owner at Casa del Agua, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you had a great Nicaraguan adventure and recommend the country to others. Many safe travels to you in the future!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

I stayed here one night, April 7, 2018, during an overnight away from my Spanish school.

The owner is great! He greeted me when I arrived, and had a number of suggestions for restaurants and sites as well as info on areas to avoid after dark. One of the team members provided me with a cold glass of water upon arrival, which was a welcome treat.

There is a kitchen in the common area with cold beers to puchase on the honor system and a refrigerator for guest use. I had left overs after dinner, and was thrilled to be able to save them for breakfast. The Casa provides a great breakfast, but after vegetarian dining during the prior two weeks, I was happy to microwave my steak for breakfast!

I was in the upstairs room, which has a private entrance to the side of the main entrance. The room was more than I needed for a solo traveler and would be perfect for friends or small families. There were two beds (one queen one full?) with a wall between them. While the bathroom had swinging doors and not a full door, it was far enough away from the beds for privacy.

The only window in the rooms were skylights, but this was not an issue for me.

I would have stayed here when I was in Granada two weeks later, but they were fully booked.

Definitely recommend for lower budget, high expectation travelers!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
gerald w, Owner at Casa del Agua, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy we added to your Nicaraguan experience and hope you go on to having a great Nicaraguan adventure