See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2016

I was not so happy with my stay at Siam Hut. It seemed that the whole reason the huts are built on poles, is to stash more garbage underneath them. If you would saw the poles from under the house, it would simply remain standing because of all the garbage. Inside is not much better, between all the cockroaches, a travel companion of mine found a used condom in his shower. Also, certain huts are close to what I like to call a pool of sewage, the smell was unbearable. Luckily my hut was not close to that pool, but my travel companion his hut was.

If you are keen on your health, or have any feelings of self-worth, you will stay clear of this terrible place. I am pretty sure a Thai prison is cleaner than Siam Hut, even housing prisoners here would be a crime against humanity.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rowstr
Reviewed 21 February 2016

While traveling around the island on our scooter we stopped in at the Siam Hut to check out the hotel and beach area. Basic rates were posted from 380-480THB for the wicker huts.

The Good:
The lobby/restaurant and pool area looked nice and the atmosphere was pretty mellow during the day with most people just chillin’, eating or mapping out their planning for the day. The pool was nice and available for non-guests for 100THB. The staff was setting up the stage area for the evening and it seemed to probably be the place to be in the evenings for the backpackers in the area to party. There is direct access and beachfront views for the first line of huts and not such a great views for the other huts.

Now, for the Bad and Ugly:
The beach area was not very clean. I made it a point to look into some of the beachfront huts and I was not impressed. The huts in the back of the property looked like, well let’s just say I’ve seen better looking hillbilly properties compared to what some of these huts looked like. Certainly not my kind of place to rest my head at night.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2016

The accommodation is similar to most hotels of the same cost, you get what you pay for after all. The reason im giving it such a bad review is the staff. Say something they dont like and they will bark at you in thai making aggressive gestures then just walk off and i dont mean just a bad joke. For example i gave it one last chance last night because there was a beach party hosted there, ordered 4 drinks and payed for them in full, when one drink never came i asked them if it was coming politely and the barking and aggression began followed by being ignored. There are many lovely hotels in Koh Chang with the attitude expected of the country apply named as the land of 1000 smiles, i personally recommend Paradise cottage as my favourite. So ye siam hut is to be avoided

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Do you want to be eaten alive and your possessions infested by bedbugs? I stayed as a last resort with my two friends. Three of us in separate huts spaced out. I was absolutely covered, with over two hundred huge sores in just one night (my two mates were also bitten by bedbugs) - yes I am sure as a lot of research was done into it and my mate whos been travelling for two years and has had bedbugs before said my case was the worst he has ever seen. The place is absolutely infested. My hut was c18 and my friends was c13 but the amount of other ants, mosquitoes and other wildlife is just unreal. Staff do not care and will not address the problem and just put new people in the same huts!! I complained and warned a couple that moved in after me and they complained and they just put in new people the same night. Staff just want your money and don't care at all. Enough said?

Room Tip: choose somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank c s
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed here 3 times for one night each time between trips to the paradise islands that surround Koh Chang. Each time the experience got progressively worse. The bar staff are friendly BUT the reception and kitchen staff cannot look up from their gripping games of CandyCrush long enough to speak let alone smile. Every hut is different in terms of view, condition and hygiene and although it's budget accommodation I paid 380bt for a hut I would happily pay them double to burn down; FILTHY!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo