“Over lunch”

Cuisines: Philippine, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food is great! Alavar sauce is very unique. Not a fan of coconut milk but this is an exception.

But...
1.) The staff never smiles making it feel that we’re not welcome.
2.) Glass served comes with a lipstick mark. Had it replaced and the staff just looked at us as if nothing is wrong. Never bothered to apologies.
3.) As I was about to order, the staff left to attend to other customer leaving me like, ?!? When she finally return, I ask her if she is really ready to take my order.
4.) We’re told 45 minutes but our food came an hour.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Edward K

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This place is best known for their seafood sauce Alavar. This sauce when mixed with anything will make the food taste mouthwatering.

A must order here are the following
1. Crabs in alavar sauce
2. Curacha in alavar sauce
3. Grilled pugot
4. Garlic rice
5. Zamboanga white juice

Order these 5 items and I assure you will enjoy the food.

The ambiance of the place is also cozy and air conditioned. Also ideal for big groups!

Overall I recommend this restaurant when you visit Zamboanga. You experience Zambaonga food and culture at the same time.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We visited as a group of for, and watching our budget got 2x shared platters. This reflected good vale for money - and we were not able to finish eating all the food.
Quality was very very good.
Wait staff were a little short on attentive, but otherwise, an excellent venue, excellent value, excellent quality!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Amazing food, staff and great value, their sauce is famous and being sold across the country, we ordered the seafood platter and it was one of the best seafood platter I ever had.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

My relatives and husband always brings back to Manila Alavar sauce! It was my first time to eat at the restaurant. We ordered Blue Marlin Belly with Alavar sauce, some vegetables, Kangejo (mud crabs) etc. very delicious! We suggest that you dine here and bring home some frozen Alavar sauce and their Bagoong gata.

Date of visit: January 2018