“Amrit Ganga Bhojnalaya”

Amrit Ganga Cafe
Ranked #18 of 159 Restaurants in Rishikesh
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Italian
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I had occasion to visit Amrit Ganga a second time on my last trip to India. It's apparent the Couple who owns and operates it Sunil and Natasha have made big improvements to the look, the furnishings and the menu since that time. I really enjoy their special Thali and excellent fresh food that goes into the meal preparation. A great place for a meal or a day of relaxed internet surfing. I didn't have a chance to attend but they also hold cooking classes for those interested in Indian cuisine. A great location near Ram Jhula and a quiet atmosphere sets this place apart from the competition very friendly to Natives and Westerners alike. You are always certain to meet some good friends there.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Amrit Ganga is a great place to chill out in, it's very comfortable and homely. The food is really tasty and reasonably priced and the service is good too.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

excellent prices for an excellent food. Close by the Ganga beach and Ram Jhula, very friendly owners with an excellent sense to read your taste-preferences. If you are lucky, you just get invited to a Ganga pooja, which is performed inside the restaurant by a professional pujari and are invited to take prasad (free offering of food as an offering to the Lord). Once you get there, you will usually make friends with the owners and personnel and will appreciate that you get Indian food for westerners, which means, not spicy at all, ar little spicy as you preffer. My favourite restaurant due to mayn reasons: good prices, spacious hall wher you can rest on mattrasses after food, friendly owners, goos variety of Indian & Western food.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Sunil and Natasha made me feel so at home during my month stay. Beautiful decor was comfortable to come in any time of the day. Delicious food and they would always ask how I specifically wanted it. Even make special dishes if requested. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I had first visited this place in 2015 and that time food and ambience was nice. But afterwards i visited this place two more times but food and service were very bad. Yesterday ie on September 27, 2017 i again visited this place, my kids ordered pasta and veg munchurian and my wife and me ordered normal north Indian food. After taking order, owner Mr. Sunil informed us pasta and daal makhni is not available so we changed the dishes. Thereafter, after waiting for more than 45 mins food started coming in installments and the whole mood of eating food got ruined. At last what was served was ok except munchurian. To cut the munchurian in pieces one should provide the hammer and you need to drink lot water bcz the same was very spicy. Ambience was nice but rest was not. This was my last visit to this place. Thanks to Mr. Sunil who at least listen to us can't expect more then that. Washroom was a dark room in which there was no electricity and total dark at 1.30pm noon. Best of luck to you u if planning to go there.

Natalya M, Управляющий at Amrit Ganga Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Rahul, namaste!
We bring you our apologies and take into account the comments.
Our cafe is making every effort to improve the quality of service.
Washroom does not belong to the cafe, it is the ashram territory, but we will discuss this with ashram administration.
Thank you very much for your comments and we hope that you will come again in an improved cafe!
With best wishes, administration of Сafe.