“Favorite place to eat in Rishikesh”

Ira's kitchen & Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 178 Restaurants in Rishikesh
Price range: USD 0 - USD 6
Reviewed 29 November 2017

This wonderful, small family restaurant is a welcome respite from the commercial eateries in Rishikesh. The warmth of the friendly woman and innate cooking skills of her husband attract warm, loving patrons. Everyone is kind, friendly, speaking in soft tones. The food is spectacular and truly home made. Expect to allow time for the perfectly prepared meals to be served....you will be delighted that you have come to this
luscious, relaxing place where delectable taste treats are the norm.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

I loved my time spent at Ira's kitchen and I really miss eating there now that I am back from my travels. Gautami, Ira and husband are wonderful souls. They are fantastic parents with kind hearts and lovingly cooked food to match! Very homely environment which you can spend hours relaxing in, I really recommend the Poha and the Rose Lassi (which is super tasty!) Thank you Gautami and family for your kind hospitality and for your calm nature during my time of distress. You have left me with happy memories of Rishikesh and I wish you all the best for your business. Namaste, may you be blessed.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

This was our favorite restaurant in Rishikesh. We came most days for dinner and when we could for breakfast and lunch as well. The food was incredible, it was always fresh and absolutely delicious! The owner Gautami would always come out to serve the food with a smile as well as to chat. She had great suggestions not only for dishes to try but also for things to do around Rishikesh.

This is not a place for “fast food” but a place to unwind and luxuriate and enjoy food that is made with love.

We weren’t the only ones who loved this restaurant and came regularly, it was just as much a community as a restaurant. We would see and chat with the same people every day enjoying the amazing food and service (see picture of all of us one morning during breakfast).

We couldn’t recommend this restaurant enough, it was one of our favorite places in Rishikesh.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This place has become my home away from home. I come here almost every day because there is so much love in the air. Gautami and her Husband always put 100% into their work and it shows. The food is delicious, the experience is valued and the love is genuine. Best coffee in Rishikesh, everything is healthy. Also they have this new beautiful painting up on the wall :) Thank you for everything Ira’s

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Gautra, the owner here, is a beautiful soul and her good vibes come through in the food here. The restaurant is named after her daughter Ira, who toddles around helping serve the food. I adore the turmeric milk, chai, and rose lassi- although next time I will order it less sweet. The palak paneer was great and not oily. Drawbacks are how busy is always is- don't go here if you're in a hurry. Also the ambience could use improvement.