“Amazing end of the day!!”

Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: George Washington Memorial Parkway
Transit: There is a Metro Bus stop at the corner of the crosswalk directly in front of the Restaurant. The Metro Bus stops at Huntington Metro, the end of the Yellow Line.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After spending the day at Mount Vernon we couldn’t have a better close: the food was amazing and the service also very good!!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Have lunch or dinner at this on site restaurant. So much better than the nearby cafeteria. The menu was quite diverse and very reasonably priced for what you get. The setting is traditionally colonial America and the service was very adequate. We had a late lunch after two and didn’t have to wait at all.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food, atmosphere, and staff were WONDERFUL!! The manager was so kind to take our family picture in front of the mural—it is a must stop—glad we made reservations.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I wish I was close enough to visit Mount Vernon more! I am a history buff and a foodie, so it is one of my Top 5 favs. The choices will satisfy everyone. Be sure to get reservations, though, or you might be in for a long wait - but it's worth it!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant is a perfect ending to a day of touring Mount Vernon or enjoying a lunch date with friends and husbands. Their soups are all very good. I especially enjoyed the Butternut and Squash soup topped with caramelized pecans and spiced cream! Peanut Soup is equally delicious. Shrimp and Grits are wonderful. Grits are from the George Washington's Gristmill. Atmosphere is good, wait staff is friendly, service is good. Having been there several times I can say I have never had a meal I didn't enjoy. Be sure to make reservations!! We didn't one time thinking we had plenty of time only to find our there were no reservations available.