“Great experience for Smith Mountain Lakes”

Edo Grill and Sushi
Ranked #7 of 50 Restaurants in Moneta
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Kathy and I went to EDO a few nights ago and we were pleasantly surprised as the quality of their food has gone up: The Sushi was fresh and presented with class. I had the hot and sour soup and it was spicy and flavorful. The Saki was hot and the plum wine delicious. They serve these rice cake noodles with duck sauce for munching before the meal ... very tasty :)

The service is the best. They have one server, Jenny, as see moves like an Olympic track star on roller skates. She easily handles 8 tables at once and keeps everyone happy. This is a pleasant surprise in the Moneta, Va area. It was crowded last Monday evening and the place was hoppin' but the food was terrific and the service ... well enough said about the service.

Edo is primarily a Sushi restaurant but they can make almost any Chinese dish for you to order and quickly! We plan to go to this restaurant once a week through the winter.

Phil

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Tried for the first time ordered several types of soup and entrees to go. Arrived at home less than 10 minutes later and all soups had about 1/2 inch of a powdery grain at the bottom we stirred the soup and it was still there. Tasted the soups and all had no taste but reminded me of what I would expect warm dishwater to taste like. The noodle entrees were bland, lacked any flavor and the chicken actually tasted as if it were meant to be used in another dish. We through all the food away. I did give 2 stars as I did not try their sushi. Their parking lot stays full but I have no idea why? Maybe because it's the only sushi place in the immediate area

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Wait staff excellent. Food fresh & prepared to order! Authentic Japanese cuisine. They were very attentive & eager to please

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I wish Edo were more of a destination stop for sushi. But I found the rolls common, lesser quality, and over priced. I live close but would rather drive to the grocery store and purchase their sushi. That should say a ton. Service was ok. Atmosphere ok. It's missing a lot here....just a pop up restaurant with four walls. Haven't been back in over a year.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I took my whole family there. There was 6 of us. We loved the food. We will go again. I had the shrimp and scalps. Very good.