“Great burgers”

Riverbound Cafe
Ranked #21 of 123 Restaurants in Mechanicsville
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Every Monday, they have burger night with $6 burgers. They are cooked to order and really tasty. They come with delicious fries but you can get other options. The service is very fast and friendly and you're likely to see lots of locals there at dinner time.

1  Thank Charlenee

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We visited today for breakfast. I have a documented gluten allergy and they have a breakfast special that includes a choice of bread. When I asked the waitress about a substitution she replied there are no substitutions. I have been to this restaurant on numerous occasions and have been given a substitution. I am sad to say that this may be the last visit here despite many years of patronage. How much of a difference is it to put a few extra potatoes in place of the bread or something else? She offered to ring each of the items in a la carte which would have been way over the original price of $8 and almost double the $6 price in special. I am disappointed in the service as well as the lack of understanding of food allergies.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Hamburger night on Monday with their peach cobbler afterwards is a serious treat. I enjoyed the fresh cut fries that comes with the meal. The wait staff is great and plenty of other items to select. A serious chicken salad wrap and the crab cake is moist tender and more crab than filler. The brunch menu is wonderful on Sunday.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I Was Charged An Extra $1.50 For A Total Bill Of $7.50. What's Up? Seriously, If You Gonna Offer A $6 Burger Night, The Bill Betta Be Six Dolluhs....

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Unfortunately we chose to visit on graduation day and the place was packed with graduates and their families so very noisy. What made up for it was the best waitress ever. I don't remember her name but she is a mom to 2 and step mom to 2 and at 30 looks no more than 21. Absolutely the best personality ever. We ordered oyster po boys. Bad idea as month did not have an "r" in it so not the time for oyster. Remoulade sauce was excellent. Great bun. Lacking in oysters. Maybe 2 very small oysters on each half so hardly tasted them at all. I like my fries crispy and these were soggy and limp. I can't fault them and we will try here again but we'll give them the benefit of the doubt as it was uber busy with graduates and their families.