“Home cooking”

Riverbound Cafe
Ranked #40 of 113 Restaurants in Mechanicsville
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Gentlemen, sometimes the ladies need a break from the kitchen but you still crave a home cooked meal. You could go to mom's or you could save your marriage by going to Riverbound. Friendly waitresses, family atmosphere, and a meatloaf w/gravy & mashed potato's that would get your mother to hang up her apron. There are more meals like that on the menu so, give them a try! Tell them "Paul T" sent you!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

This is a great restaurant for family meals. My wife and I love the triple decker club sandwiches and onion rings. Excellent hamburgers and homemade fries. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with daily specials. Most selections $10 or less. The wait staff is friendly and efficient. Just an all around good restaurant.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

My son and I have visited the River Bound Cafe for breakfast a few times this fall. Service is always quick and friendly. The food is good and pretty inexpensive. It's definitely a good place to take young kids.

Lesley_RBC, General Manager at Riverbound Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Thank you so much for the nice review. We really do pride ourselves on being family-friendly, so we're glad you and your son have had that experience. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Been here a few times... service was always good but the food is ok. I think it's a good spot to go to for those who live in the area and aren't looking to drive far but there's really not a dish or menu item I crave and think, I got to go there! It's convenient.

Peggy,
We're always happy to hear nice things about our waitstaff, but are sad that we've yet to "wow" you with any of our offerings. We hope we'll have another chance very soon!

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Came upon this cafe while avoiding Sunday traffic around 295. Food was plentiful; split a Monster Omelette, tasty but a little dry. Potatoes would have 5 stars had they been served hot, great taste. Waitresses seemed more interested in their 2 pm close up prep than in waiting on the few last customers in the restaurant. A little disappointed!

Lesley_RBC, General Manager at Riverbound Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Harriet,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you were able to find us and get a little break from the pre-holiday traffic. Please allow me to apologize for the lapse in etiquette from the staff. I'll be sure it is address; every customer deserves our best, whether they're the first or among the last to join us during any given service. We hope you'll find your way back to us again soon.