“Good prices but really bland food”
Review of Kings Island

Kings Island
Ranked #26 of 345 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Polynesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017

They do have really good prices--I was impressed with the Peking Duck. They gave us lots of pancakes to go with the duck. At many places we would have had to order extra. Not enough Hoi Sin sauce for the double Peking Duck order. The other orders were bland--even though we wanted spicy. The issue was not just the lack of heat, it was also that they did not use a variety of other spices in the food. I suspect that restaurants in Lynchburg tend to serve things on the bland, traditional side--so if you are used to real Chinese food, ask for things to be a lot, lot spicier.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I've been in Lynchburg for about four years and I just found this gem recently. They have a wide variety, I've only had the sushi and it's always tasty!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely ask for the separate sushi menu and order the PBR roll. It will change your life! Best sushi I've had in years. The shan fun steak will have to work hard to keep up!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Kings Island has a popular lunch buffet and this rating only applies to it. I was disappointed that it did not include wonton soup--a personal favorite--but did have egg drop and hot and sour. The latter tasted kind of oily. The number of selections available is limited and they are not labelled, but they are quite tasty. For a Chinese buffet, the limited number of offerings makes the lunch just average overall if looking for great variety. However, Kings Island has great sushi and entrees can be ordered from the menu. Service is very good.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Out to celebrate Mother's Day. We arrived early to beat the crowds a little before 6 pm. Hot Tea,Hot & Sour Soup,Sash Beef, Curried Chicken and Hunan Chicken. Our family will pass on the curried dish next time over half the plate was white onions. The sauce was yummy though. Service was great {kind and quick). We love the decor too.