“Great Barbecue in a simple setting”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #88 of 359 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great tasting barbecue with a large variety all with a simple setting and great service. Price is reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I think this may be a "chain" but not known to us. It was terrific and as good as any BBQ we have had anywhere else. Both of us had chopped pork and hubby added chopped brisket to his. Lots of great vegetable sides! And loved the sauce options which were served hot in temperature - thus not "cooling off' the moist, hot meat. Will definitely try again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton next door and just wanted a quick dinner. Ordered the bbq salad to go. The bbq was fantastic and fresh made. The onion straws on top were crisp and tasty. The lettuce was fresh too. Great salad! The sandwiches and catering must be amazing!!!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I agree with other reviews that their sides need some work. The baked potato casserole was served cold. Even when I asked them to warm it up, it came back cold. The Mac and cheese would be good if it was hot. We had the ribs and with one of their sauces poured over, it had good flavor. I like their spicy sauce, although it was too hot for my husband. The staff were friendly and the place was clean. I would try another BBQ place before I would go back here. I should have known when there were only a few cars in the parking lot.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Food was pretty decent. Not very big meals and I think I might have been overcharged but they didn't give me my receipt so don't actually know (drive thru). I had the brisket, creamed spinach, baked beans meal. I would go back.

Date of visit: July 2017

Been to Dickey's Barbecue Pit? Share your experiences!