“Clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
“Clean hotel”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The front desk was very helpfull from the start of my stay. The company I work for had made the reservations on the wrong dates and type of room needed. The front desk took extra care in making sure I had what I needed. The rooms I have had during my stays there were alway clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ynotbecrazy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bealeton
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Select,The room was on the 8th floor and had been remodeled recently. The bed was comfortable with a pillow selection,our room was spotless and everything I saw was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful with directions. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cat517
Lewisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2012

To start off the visit our non-smoking room was filled with smoke setting my son into an asthma attack. We were offered a change of rooms, thankfully. However the room was not cleaned during the stay, when we told the front desk we were offered towels. The beds were very uncomfortable and there was no hot water in the morning for the showers. When someone in our group complained to the manager he was very unhelpful.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MaryLynn8388
gmcamm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Hello. I am sorry to hear of your recent experience here at our hotel. We have a strict no-smoking policy in force here and penalize guests who subvert that policy to attempt to avoid experiences such as yours. That being said, it is still in-excusable that you were checked into a room that did obviously contain remnants of a previous smoker. Some form of compensation should have afforded you during your visit. It appears that that did not happen. Please send me an e-mail to hislynchburg@hislynchburg.com so that I can attempt to make this up to you.

Tony Camm
East Bend, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I went on a trip with my son's ball team. We were told in writing that the suites would have 2 queen beds and 1 pullout sofa. Upon arriving, I was told that there were no rooms like that. The only suite they had was 1 king bed and 1 pullout sofa. That is not enough room for the 5 people in my family that were there. The coach has a written email stating they had 2 beds and 1 pullout. The manager was not friendly or helpful. We also had some of the team's rooms that were not cleaned. We had cold showers in the morning also. I would say that the misleading of the size of suite (which I had to pay extra for) and the customer service of this hotel were very poor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CJ4kids
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear CJ4kids,

I sincerely apologize about the miscommunication regarding your suite.
And for the issues you experienced with the service. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in the Holiday Inn Hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in the Holiday Inn soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Rooms smelled moldy and musty. Old bed mattress and very squeaky bed springs.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Clc656
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Clc656,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and appreciate the feedback we receive. We have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Myrna M