“Best Golf, Great People”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Meadows Farms Golf Courses
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I needed a little break from north lower Michigan winter so booked the Cottage at Meadows Farms Golf Course at Locust Grove, Virginia.
Now I will give you a heads up that this "cottage" is not a 4 star motel. It is an older model manufactured home and could use some remodeling and repair, BUT it has plenty of sleeping room, two 3/4 baths, washer, dryer and a kitchen.
Now the good stuff. It is located on the golf course in a quiet somewhat secluded spot. For each night you stay you can play one day of unlimited golf. Each nine of the 27 hole course has some fun and challenging water hazards. The staff are some of the friendliest golf staff I have ever dealt with. Josh the Director of Golf was so kind and accommodating. Desk staff very professional and friendly. Equally the starters and cart people. My wife and I had a good time and hope to get back to play Meadows Farms again as soon as possible. A short distance to Walmart, gas and eats. BTW Longest Hole 9 is lovely on a late summer afternoon. Thanks Josh

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Had a great time at a Tournament of Saturday - Great weather as well. The course was in great shape and the people at the course had plenty to do with two tournaments back to back - I wanted to say thanks because we played a no frills tournament 2 man Cap Choice and we played it in less than 5 hrs - Good job guys Really good job.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We wish we had found this place sooner. A great course that is tons of fun. It is very reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Went to Meadow Farms based on a recommendation from a colleague. Out west of Fredericksburg, Meadow Farms is 3 unique nine hole courses on a single campus. They boast the longest hole in the U.S. Overall, the course was good, but not great. The tees could have been in better shape and greens seemed a little lumpy. However, for the rate, it was in very good shape. I will definitely be back here in the future.

I played the course on a Tuesday afternoon, so there was no crowd. The staff member told me the crowd was mainly in the morning during the week. I was able to walk in and get an immediate tee-time. I was fortunate enough to have the time to play all 3 nines in a single day. It was after 2, so I got a great $30 twilight rate for all the golf I could play.

The first nine features a hole with an island green. Overall the island green nine is straight-forward and not too difficult. The second nine features the longest hole in the U.S., a 800+ yard par 6. This entire nine is very long and seemed more difficult to me. I shot my worst score here. The final nine features a beautiful par three with a waterfall in front. The rest of this nine seemed very 'gimmicky' with a hole that looked like a baseball diamond with irregular traps and more than one blind tee shot.

1  Thank armstrongca
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2014

There are 27 holes of challenging, sometimes slightly unconventional golf. One hole includes a waterfall, another is a baseball diamond surrounded by a sand trap (the warning track). A couple involve islands. And there's am 841 yard par 6. Within the course is a Civil War farmhouse / hospital, a 450 year old tree, and lots of scenery.

I rented the Cottage on the course and played all three course 2 times. Very enjoyable.

The only caution I have is getting there. My GPS routed me, but I saw a sign which took me away from the GPS route. The sign was right. Another time the GPS said it couldn't calculate a route. GPSes don't work well in the area - look for signs and have a map handy.

1  Thank kbmoose1